Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra Sourcecode Mirror and browseable repository

ploeger is offline Senior Member

Post Zimbra Sourcecode Mirror and browseable repository

Hi!

Just wanted to let you know, that I've set up an unofficial mirror of the "main"-branch from Zimbra's Perforce repository on GitHub:

https://github.com/Zimbra-Community/zimbra-sources

The "main"-branch is mirrored on a daily basis.

Please note, that this mirror is in no way connected to Zimbra or VMware and won't be supported by them.

It won't be supported heavily by me, either. It's simply a script running on my server. However, if anybody want's to donate a server for this script, that will be greatly accepted. :-)

Kind regards
    Dennis
    Release 8.0.6.GA.5922.UBUNTU12.64 UBUNTU12_64 NETWORK edition.

yutaka is offline Project Contributor

Great work, Dennis!!

Is it possible to have me as a member of https://github.com/Zimbra-Community ?

My account is here, https://github.com/bucchi which includes some repositories of Zimbra Extension and Zimlet.
    (And one of them have got included into zimbra's main repository.)
    I can not donate a server, but I want to find out what i can do for the organization.

Thank you,
    Yutaka Obuchi

Hi Yutaka!

Wow. I had never planned that. I simply wanted the Zimbra-repository to not be owned by me alone, so I've set up the Community organization. But I never actually thought about making that some sort of "hub" for Zimbra-related projects.

So, good idea. I've added you to the community. If you'd like to move some of your repositories to the organization, tell me and I will initiate that.

Besides that there's actually nothing to do right now for the community. The Zimbra-Repository is a simple "fetch from p4 and push to github" job running on my server.

Kind regards
    Dennis

Hi ploeger,

I want to create zimbra-wikis repository in Zimbra-Community account of github.
    And I want to move my wiki pages on Yutaka-Notes - Zimbra :: Wiki to the repository because I have had no right to edit Yutaka-Notes - Zimbra :: Wiki any more.
    (Can we still contribute wiki pages to Zimbra Wiki?)
    I do not why, but it is so frustrating.

So I think it is better to move those pages somewhere else and Zimbra-Community on github is the place.

What do you think?
    Yutaka

I just noticed, that the mirror sync was broken since may. I'm terribly sorry. I'll fix it and get the mirror up and running in an instance!

And, Yutaka, sorry, I've seemed to miss your last post, too. Are you still interested in using the Zimbra-Community's Wiki on github?

Yes, I am! Please!!

quanah is offline Zimbra Employee

Not much point, since the old perforce repository for public access is dead. I'm currently working on a new public access format via git.
    Quanah Gibson-Mount
    Server Architect
    Zimbra, Inc
    --------------------
    Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

Hi!

Yes, I can acknowledge quanahs Post as the Zimbra repository mirror at github is now officially deprecated. Thanks for anybody interested. Quanah, we're having our hopes on you to provide a stable and fast public access repository. Thank you!

On another note: I have enabled the wiki feature on the Zimbra community repository for anyone, who wants to put their non-official, non-supported documents up there. Just go ahead. (I'm looking at you, yutaka! :-) )

Please remember: Zimbra is not connected to either the repository at github or the wiki in any way. Don't call them for support!

Kind regards
    Dennis

Umm... Maybe he deleted his post, but I just got a notification about the question, why the Zimbra wiki shouldn't be used for community things.

I don't honestly know. I understood yutaka in that way, that Zimbra's currently limiting the access to the Wiki, perhaps because they want to use the Wiki only for official documentation.

I will have a look at the community wiki. If it doesn't seem to be used, I will just switch it off.

By the way, @quanah: If you need beta testers for the git implementation, give me a call. :-)

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ploeger View Post
    Umm... Maybe he deleted his post, but I just got a notification about the question, why the Zimbra wiki shouldn't be used for community things.
    Yes I did, I thought your wiki is for information about 'development' and that made my question irrelevant.

I don't honestly know. I understood yutaka in that way, that Zimbra's currently limiting the access to the Wiki,
    There should be no problem accessing the wiki, access has been restricted in the past for various management reasons. If anyone still has problems accessing the wiki they should raise the subject in the forums or contact one of the moderators.

..... perhaps because they want to use the Wiki only for official documentation.
    No, it always been a Community wiki and any official Zimbra documents are noted as being "Certified" and locked from editing except by Zimbra employees.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information