Thread: Developing on the SVN HEAD

Sverre Johansen is offline Starter Member

Default Developing on the SVN HEAD

Hi,

I would like to look into fixing some bugs with the Zimbra Web Client, as I am a AJAX guy and not a backend developer.

I have currently installed the Ubuntu binary version of Zimbra, but I would like to hack on the SVN version. Is there an easy way to install the SVN version? Or is it possible to only use the SVN version of the ZimbraWebClient and run it together with the other binary packages? (I guess not, but it would be convenient

The information about installing from SVN (from ZimbraServer/docs/) seemed a bit outdated. Is there any newer information available?

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Moved to dev forum. The easiest way to develop would be to setup a local developer build. So looking at INSTALL.txt in the docs dir as a guide. Basically you'll install ant, open ldap, java jdk, mysql, tomcat, etc all locally. Then use the ant commands to build and deploy a local system. This is easier to do on a seperate machine and not on the same machine that is already running Zimbra.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Sverre Johansen is offline Starter Member

Thank you.

I have now installed Zimbra from SVN trunk, on Windows by following your INSTALL.txt. It worked as described, the only problem I had was that ant refused to run properly from within Eclipse. When I stared it from the command line it build and deployed the project properly. I also had some problems trying to build it from a path which contained spaces.

I now have it installed and I am able to open the login screen from http://localhost:7070/zimbra/ and the admin interface from https://localhost:7071/zimbraAdmin

But I am still not able to log in. When trying to log in with Firefox I get an error saying:

Code:
    "Error: this._setIdentityVisibility is not a function
    Source:   http://192.168.29.128:7070/zimbra/js...v=061123153857
    Line: 1284".
    I have searched through all the source code and can not find anywhere where this function is defined.

Is this a known error? I am doing something wrong or is this a bug?
    Last edited by Sverre Johansen; 11-23-2006 at 08:39 AM.

Thread Information