Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FreeBSD Patchset for Zimbra released!

biloute is offline Junior Member

Hi all,

First of all, thanx dwhite for this great patch !
    It's running fine, after fixing some problems (fetching postfix, adding Net::LDAP and Net::Server libs, etc).
    Now, I'm also having a problem with amavisd. Here is what I get when I connect on port 10024 :
    Code:
    $ telnet localhost 10024
    Trying ::1...
    telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
    Trying 127.0.0.1...
    Connected to localhost.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    220 [127.0.0.1] ESMTP amavisd-new service ready
    helo test
    250 [127.0.0.1]
    mail from: julien@xxx
    250 2.1.0 Sender julien@xxx OK
    rcpt to: admin@xxx
    250 2.1.5 Recipient admin@xxx OK
    data
    354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
    Subject: test amavis

bla
    451 4.5.0 Error in processing, id=74699-03, parts_decode_ext FAILED: parsing file(1) results - missing last 1 results at (eval 74) line 154.
    After this amavis looks stuck, impossible to disconnect by issuing the smtp "quit" command. The same errors appears in my zimbra.log
    As it looks that we all had the same problems, maybe someone fixed this one, or has any idea about it ?

biloute is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

OK, problem solved. It looks like it's a known issue with amavisd-new and Net::Server > 0.90.
    I just downgraded Net::Server to 0.90 (by typing "install RHANDOM/Net-Server-0.90.tar.gz" in the cpan shell).

Now I can send/receive mails, everything looks to be working fine

tulsaconnect is offline New Member

Good to see someone working on a FreeBSD port. Now if we can just convince Zimbra to release the Network Edition on FreeBSD, we'll be all set :-)

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tulsaconnect View Post
    Good to see someone working on a FreeBSD port. Now if we can just convince Zimbra to release the Network Edition on FreeBSD, we'll be all set :-)
    Have you emailed sales@zimbra.com and told them of your interest?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Yep, sure did. The response:

-------- Original Message --------
    Return-Path: <jamie.long@zimbra.com>

Hi Mike,

We support RHEL4, SuSE ES 9, Mac OS X and Ubuntu 6.0.6 on Network Edition.

Jamie

Yes, Jamie is on the button. I had the impression that they were keeping a tally of people interested in other builds. Apart from this thread I wouldn't expect any build for freeBSD soon though.
    Regards

Bill

That is too bad. Zimbra Network Edition on FreeBSD would likely be a fairly trivial port, since all the major components are very well supported on FreeBSD already. Sure, you can hack the OE Edition on yourself, but we're looking for a deployment of NE that may grow to 10,000+ mailboxes fairly quickly, and would require something that is fully supported.

At the very least, it would be nice to see official CentOS support on NE, since CentOS is essentially RHLE minus the RedHat logos and proprietary bits.

--Mike

That is too bad. Zimbra Network Edition on FreeBSD would likely be a fairly trivial port, since all the major components are very well supported on FreeBSD already. Sure, you can hack the OE Edition on yourself, but we're looking for a deployment of NE that may grow to 10,000+ mailboxes fairly quickly, and would require something that is fully supported.
    Did you mention that to sales when you contacted them?

At the very least, it would be nice to see official CentOS support on NE, since CentOS is essentially RHLE minus the RedHat logos and proprietary bits.
    I agree, I use CentOS myself (but I don't dictate policy).
    Regards

Bill

ronnyek is offline Senior Member

Any news or updates on this? Looks like this patchset is for 4.0, which I am trying to avoid installing. Doesnt have to be bleeding edge ZCS, but at least 4.5 series would be nice.

Should an install be theoretically possible? Fetch source and skip the applying patch set? Or would this result in insecure mail server or what? I personally feel way more confortable running bsd servers than any flavor of linux, especially the old vers that actually have binary dists readily avaliable.

dong is offline Starter Member

On building zimbra I have problems:
    Code:
    cp /home/zimbra-src/zcs/GNR-608/ZimbraBuild/corebuild/opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov /home/zimbra-src/zcs/GNR-608/ZimbraBuild/corebuild/opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov.java
    mkdir -p /home/zimbra-src/zcs/GNR-608/ZimbraBuild/corebuild/opt/zimbra/contrib
    cp -R /home/zimbra-src/zcs/GNR-608/ZimbraBuild/../ZimbraServer/src/contrib/* /home/zimbra-src/zcs/GNR-608/ZimbraBuild/corebuild/opt/zimbra/contrib
    mkdir -p /home/zimbra-src/zcs/GNR-608/ZimbraBuild/corebuild/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/bin
    (cd /home/zimbra-src/zcs/GNR-608/ZimbraBuild/corebuild/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/bin; \
            tar xzf /home/zimbra-src/zcs/GNR-608/ZimbraBuild/../ThirdPartyBuilds/FreeBSD_amd64/perl/perlbin.tgz)
    tar: Error opening archive: Failed to open '/home/zimbra-src/zcs/GNR-608/ZimbraBuild/../ThirdPartyBuilds/FreeBSD_amd64/perl/perlbin.tgz'
    gmake: *** [/home/zimbra-src/zcs/GNR-608/ZimbraBuild/corebuild/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/bin] Error 1
    This same error I have on GNR-606. I use FreeBSD 8.1 64 bit. How to fix it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information