Thread: How are contacts managed in ZCS; Options for Exporting/Synchronizing

agenerette is offline Active Member

Default How are contacts managed in ZCS; Options for Exporting/Synchronizing

Is the address_book portion of ZCS 7 implemented in LDAP? I read, about a week ago, a thread on the forums that I haven't been able to find since. It suggested that MySQL was the base, not LDAP.

I'm looking for a tool that will allow me to synchronize address_book records from a ZCS server to Google Apps: in such a way that the records would then be available (with type-ahead, in particular) to users of a GApps organization's gmail users and would update contact information on their smart phones (iphones and androids, primarily).

If there isn't an actual tool out there, I'd like to know which developers (in terms of areas of expertise) I'd need to contact about building one.

lytledd is offline Elite Member

Is the address_book portion of ZCS 7 implemented in LDAP?

The global address book is, not the user based address books, those are in MySQL

I'm looking for a tool that will allow me to synchronize address_book records from a ZCS server to Google Apps
    I know of no such tool. I believe there is an add-on for both Thunderbird and SeaMonkey that support syncing of personal address books, but not sure for Google.

Doug
    Ben Franklin quote:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Thread Information