Thread: calendar sharing

sasha is offline Loyal Member

Default calendar sharing

I have read the forum posts and , from what I gather , you presently can't share a calendar with more than one person or a distribution list ...

Is there a plan for this in upcoming releases ? As it stands now it is not very useful . If the plan is not soon , then I would like to go ahead and try to code it myself . Except I am thinking there must be a reason you guys didn't implement it ... and it must be that is not trivial or some complication is involved ?

dkarp is offline Zimbra Employee

Default You should be able to do this.

Try sharing the folder with a distribution list, or sharing it more than once. It should work!
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Hi , thanks ... I can indeed add shares one by one ... but I just tried a distribution list and it doesn't work ... tells me I must specify a valid zimbra user ... we are using 3.2 .

Hmm , I shared a calendar with a test account but when I login to the test account I accept the share and the shared calendar shows up in the list of calendars but I can't select any calendar there . I double click the test calendar but it won't show up in the main view .

Trying out latest zimbra version from svn .. I try to add a new distribution list ( in Manage Distribution List window ) but it insists that I am using 'invalid list name' ... what is a valid list name ?

fmodola is offline Special Member

I've a problem near from yours : I've shared my calendar (user : myuser@mydomain.com) to otheruser@mydomain.com, but when I log into otheruser@mydomain.com account, and can only accept the share.

If I want to open a shared calendar from the calendar UI, it seems that the specified URL (https://server/home/myuser/nameofthecalendar) doesn't work.

It tells me that the specified directory hasn't been found ...

Is that a bug ?

dkarp is offline Zimbra Employee

Default Use calendar mounting when possible

Note that mounting a shared calendar is very different from syncing with a remote .ics file. Mounting a shared calendar allows you to edit the appointments (if you have sufficient privileges), and changes made to the remote calendar show up much more easily.

If you are specifying a local URL to sync via .ics, try putting ".ics" on the end of the URL.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

handza is offline Member

Default appointment not shown...

Hi, I'm a new here and new to Zimbra as well. But have some bugs (or not) with shared calendar. So I'll post here.

I shared calendar with another user, and it works fine. But when he initially logs in, there are no appointments from a shared calendar show in the one down left (below mail, address book and other tabs). They show up when he just clicks on the calendar tab. All calendars are checked, so that is not the cause of problem. Help if you can, it is not a big problem, but it is annoying.

Thanks a lot

Thread Information