Thread: Zimbra/Sugar Integration

russgalleywood is offline Elite Member

Default Zimbra/Sugar Integration

There is a interesting poll, (well, for me at least), over on the Sugar site about which email client to integrate with Sugar to replace their dire attempt at an email module.

http://www.sugarcrm.com/forums/showt...ghlight=zimbra

Zimbra has a few votes but a lot of people are saying it isn't suitable for integration.

As I have posted before I would love to see some kind of integration with Sugar, even on the simplest level of just allowing Zimbra access to Sugar Contacts module to send emails to those Contacts through Zimbra.

Unfortunately, this now seems to have been put on the back-burner here at Zimbra.

Pity!

Russ

MarcusWolschon is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by russgalleywood
    There is a interesting poll, (well, for me at least), over on the Sugar site about which email client to integrate with Sugar to replace their dire attempt at an email module.
    I am currently trying to at use a single LDAP-Server to authenticate sugarCRM-users (works fine) and zimbra (hardcoded rootDNs are making problems) together with some other services.
    Once that works I'll try to start with a dummy-module to start zimbra as a tab in sugarCRM.
    Linking sugarBeans to emails and having a singleSignOn (no asking for passwords twice) will require some work. Any ideas on the last ones?

russgalleywood is offline Elite Member

Thanks Marcus, that sound's promising!

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help but I am not that technical I'm afraid. I know there are some other people on the Forum who would be very interested in what you are proposing too.

At the moment I am authenticating both my Zimbra and Sugar Users through Active Directory successfully and that should work with any LDAP server I guess.

As to the last point, you are asking a complete idiot Marcus!

All I can offer is that there is another Forum on this site which has a slightly similar subject to it. It is about allowing the 'Mailto:' function to access Zimbra instead of your local email client. There is in fact an extension for Mozilla that allows this but it still makes you log on again to Zimbra instead of just bringing up the Compose window.

Don't know if it's any help but have a look here if you want to:

Windows Integration

Good Luck, I wish I could offer more help than just luck but I'm sure there are many others on here who can help! I have found all the Users on Zimbra Forums to be very helpful.

Russ

Emad_Omara is offline Starter Member

Default Sugar integration

Hello,
    I'm trying to integrate sugar crm with zimbra, I read your post and I need to know how did you achieve in that?
    I liked your idea about putting zimbra as a tab in sugar, did u do that?
    please provide me any useful resources to make this integration

Thread Information