Thread: SVN Trunk and Branches

kenny810 is offline Project Contributor

Default SVN Trunk and Branches

When I svn checked out the trunk a week or two ago, I got only the trunk. I thought taht was what I want. When I svn updated a couple days ago, it updated the trunk and brought the whole zimbra/branches/EDISON to my zimbra/ work area. Then, I found the announcement posting New SVN access now available regarding EDISION.

Now, I'm confused and have the following questions:
    1. What's in the trunk? Stable?
    2. What's in EDISON branch?
    3. If I'm to create zcs-4.0.1_GA_324.FC4.tgz, do I use trunk or EDISON or other means?
    4. In general, what branch system are you using? Always-Branch or Branch-When-Needed as described in: http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trun...practices.html
    5. Any reasons why the branch is under /trunk/branches and not putting it under /branches/EDISON? I noticed there was a /branches the SourceForge setup already.

Coilcore is offline Senior Member

Heres my understanding:

Trunk is current development. You'll notice small updates continue even though there is no release.

EDISON is the 4.0 release branch.

I think it was just a minor mistake that EDISON got in as a child of Trunk, instead of branches. At some point it will probably get fixed.

marcmac is offline Expert Member

yeah, that was me. I'm not in a hurry to fix it, since the sync between our internal repository and the OSS repository has been a source of constant pain, and it's now finally stable and working - so, yes, it's a minor pain that the branches are under trunk, but you can work around that when you check out.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

is the "trunk" franklin?

Thread Information