Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zimbra source code

DinuAsa is offline Member

Default zimbra source code

hi,

I'm enable to compile the zimbra source code. There is an error saying cannot find the main method.. I want to know whether there is a way to edit and re compile the code as I wish.. and any I IDE is there to use for it..

and I want to run zimbra open source edition in tomcat server in localhost.. because I want to edit the open source edition according to our system.. and modify the system as well.. but I was enable to find the Information about that..

Anyway I was thinking on editing all the interfaces of zimbra open source edition.. and If some one knows about finding the source code of interfaces please help me to do my works.. because this is an academic purpose.

thank you..
    Dinu

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DinuAsa View Post
    I'm enable to compile the zimbra source code. There is an error saying cannot find the main method.. I want to know whether there is a way to edit and re compile the code as I wish.. and any I IDE is there to use for it..

and I want to run zimbra open source edition in tomcat server in localhost.. because I want to edit the open source edition according to our system.. and modify the system as well.. but I was enable to find the Information about that..
    You could have found that with a search of the forums, go to the wiki and search for the word 'perforce' - you'll find all you need there.

Anyway I was thinking on editing all the interfaces of zimbra open source edition.
    I assume youll be doing that within the terms of the Licencing Terms for the Zimbra products?

.. and If some one knows about finding the source code of interfaces please help me to do my works.. because this is an academic purpose.
    See my first reply above.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

hi Bill,

I tried out what youo are said to me to do. But still I have a problem with installing perforce because I'm not very familirer with it. I use ubuntu 10.10 and this is waht I got as error:

dinushika@dinushika-Compaq-Presario-CQ60-Notebook-PC:~$ export P4PORT=codes.zimbra.com:2666
    dinushika@dinushika-Compaq-Presario-CQ60-Notebook-PC:~$ mkdir -p /home/public/p4dinushika@dinushika-Compaq-Presario-CQ60-Notebook-PC:~$ ./p4 -u public -P public1234 -c public-view sync -f //deport/zcs/BRANCH/...
    bash: ./p4: No such file or directory
    dinushika@dinushika-Compaq-Presario-CQ60-Notebook-PC:~$

help me to resolve this problem.

thank you
    dinu

tangasmaster is offline Junior Member

Has the p4 executable permissions for your user?

Finnaly I'm able to install p4v and p4d in ubuntu.. but not in the way that you said. Now I'm enable to deport the zimbra source to preforce. Is there any way to do that??

and is there any problem without having a server?? I want to work in localhost.. and try out the source codes and customize them..

pls reply quickly...

uxbod is offline Moderator

You will need to start the Zimbra services to test; and you do not need to have a server you just need to ensure that when your notebook performs a DNS lookup for the A and MX records for your test domain they return the correct results. How much memory does your notebook have ?

1GB RAM..

Is it sufficient?? If it is not then which way is suitable for me to do this tasks.. and I've got centos installed in sun Vertual Box.. Can I work there with zimbra??

I tried out with eclipse and some extend it works but I have no clear idea about the zimbra customization with eclipse because I new to zimbra..

i have another question with the source code.. when I go through the source code and I think .JSP files should contain the user interface(view of the pages). but still I enable to get the real idea about .JSP files..
    any idea??

dalmate is offline Elite Member

You need to know how zimbra works before modifying the source code.
    1GB --> it's not sufficient. --> I suggest 2GB.
    There are a litle jsp files in zimbra project --> Zimbra uses AJAX to make its interfaces.

I already use Zimbra Desktop.. your information is realy helpful to me.. thank you vwry much..

Can you say another way to test my new modifications. Because I tried several ways but all of these were not work properly. I should do all these changes to Zimbra open source collaboration suit installed in a server.

dalmate is offline Elite Member

Which components do you want to modify?
    If you want to modify the interface, please follow these steps:
    - Find the tgz file in your installation.
    - unzip that file
    - Modify it
    - Zip it with tgz extension.
    - Reupload it to your installation.
    --> you'll see the changes.
    I suggest you should find these file: Shares_all.js.tgz, Startup1_1_all.js.tgz,...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information