Thread: Integrate Zimbra with CRM

Narev is offline Active Member

Default Integrate Zimbra with CRM

Hi all, we are trying to realize an connection between our custom made CRM and Zimbra. To start out we would like to test this by importing contacts from our CRM to Zimbra. This raised two questions:

1) Is it possible to not work with sessions but rather use authentication for each soaprequest?

2) Is it possible to sync a contact person from our CRM with all users in Zimbra by adding the contact to a contact list?

Did anyone already try to achieve this and if so would you like to share how you achieved this?

odeleon is offline Advanced Member

I think it is possible.

1) Have a look at the Wiki article on Preauth to get started.

2) Yes, I would have a shared list from one acct and insert contacts into it. I would first try something like what is done for ZCS-to-ZCS migrations, thinking in a smaller scale, maybe just a CSV-type of thing, or a VCF (not sure about that one).

Well the thing is we are looking for an integration purpose rather then a migration one. So it is not that we want to migrate our current data to zimbra and use that but rather use them in sync. To achieve this we have a high preference for webservices over file drop.

I do have a question that might be a little offtopic concerning the installation. But how do you set a shared contact in Zimbra? We would like to create one account on zimbra that shares all its contacts with everyone else, is that possible?

I have another additional question for our link between our CRM and ZCS, is it possible to let Zimbra notify or update third party applications? For our current case we are trying to notify our CRM about a new contact that is added to our shared zimbra profile? How could one realize such a thing and how is this handeld in the outlook connector?

Edit: the reason i ask this, is because we don't want it to matter where a contact is added. Wheter this is in outlook, zimbra or our crm, once zimbra or our crm detects a new contact we want the other system to be updated.
    Last edited by Narev; 09-29-2010 at 02:50 AM.

Thread Information