Thread: New Skins

Coilcore is offline Senior Member

Default New Skins

I started trying to create a new skin by using existing skins as examples. Overall to do some simple stuff it looks fairly straight forward. I've copied the 'sand' theme files into a new directory called 'test', I changed the file names to match the new directory (test_subs.txt and test.xml), made some small changes to the a _subs file including changing the theme name to match the new directory, and finally changed the test.xml to reference test_subs.txt. It seems consistent with other themes.

The one thing I cannot figure out is how to get my skin to show up as in 'installed UI themes' (obviously it can never be put into 'available' if I can't even get it to show as installed). I've restarted tomcat and I've restarted all of zimbra, I've flushed my browsers cache, but when I look at the 'installed UI themes' in the my new skin doesn't show up.

I grepped through the source code to find references to the existing themes to see if there was some config file, but doing a grep -r 'lavender' trunk/* only finds the lavender xml file and _subs.

Whats the magic I'm missing?
    Last edited by Coilcore; 08-17-2006 at 12:23 PM.

KevinH is offline Expert Member

You need to use zmprov to add it to the list of skins

zmprov gacf| grep -i skin

This will give you the list of installed skins. Adding yours with zmprov and a restart will let it show up in the list.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

sdouglass is offline Intermediate Member

I'm also trying to deploy a custom skin (on ZCS 4.5). I've followed the instructions on these pages:

http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...etwork_Edition

http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...s_Long_Version

Now my custom skin shows up in the admin UI in the list of available skins under "Limit Themes available to users in this COS to:", and users can select the skin. Yay!

However, I don't see my skin in the menu next to "Current UI theme:" in the admin UI. I would like to make my custom skin the current theme, but I can't figure out a way to do that because I can't figure out how to get my custom skin into that menu. Is there another zmprov command or something that needs to be run to alter that menu?

sdouglass is offline Intermediate Member

Whoops! Nevermind. I see from this thread that I have to use IE in order to see my custom skin in the menu:

Problem setting default theme for a domain

In FF2, after I've selected my custom skin as the current theme in IE, I see my custom skin selected, but it's still not actually in the menu. Funky...
    Last edited by sdouglass; 02-02-2007 at 04:59 PM.

Thread Information