Thread: Adding hover state to DwtTree

Justin_PHL is offline Banned

Default Adding hover state to DwtTree

Hi,

I'm new to Zimbra and working on a new custom skin. Things are going very well, but I know that in the near future I'll have to extend some of the current functionality within this suite. Just a small addition is to add hover state to menu items in the Tree. For instance...adding a background color upon hovering over Inbox, Sent, etc. by adding a classname like ZHover.

I can image that there are a few ways to go about this, but I want to do it right. One method would be to attempt to add some inline javascript into the /templates/dwt/widgets.template.js code. My gut tells me that this may not be the best way to achieve my goal.

The other method might be to add some sort of listener to a core js file. I'm just not sure how involved this might be or even if I understand which js file would be the correct one to modify. It looks like there is a js\ajax\dwt\widgets\DwtTree.js file but not sure if that's the one I want to modify.

I apologize if this has been answered, but I couldn't find a response in my search. Any help on direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

Justin_PHL is offline Banned

As an update, I've spent a large portion of the day attempting to modify files in the js\ajax\dwt\widgets folder among others. I've made attempts to add new actions to some of these files (change or add classname upon hover). I've also tried just modifying existing code to use different CSS classnames to test if my changes were permeating and they are not. Does anything specific have to be done to deploy changes to these javascript files listed above? Anyone think I'm on the right track?

Thank you,

Justin

ash85 is offline Senior Member

That is exactly what i need to do . I want to add some checkbox fields in the address book. But not sure which files to edit . I have tried to work on the DWT files but without any progress.

If i change the already present field "notes" to become a checkbox or dwttree then it doesnt work.

I have been shouting my lungs out to get help from zimbra in this but all they ever say is " its not good to make changes to the code...." WELL i know its not but then how we suppose to have more fields then ? i mean user should have the freedom to add fields as per their wish and not be forced to work with what is there.

My understanding is zimbra is not supportive of any innovations. Very disappointing.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ash85 View Post
    i mean user should have the freedom to add fields as per their wish and not be forced to work with what is there.
    The simple answer to that is you will possibly invalidate your support for Zimbra NE by modifying the code - I'd suggest you check your support contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ash85 View Post
    My understanding is zimbra is not supportive of any innovations. Very disappointing.
    Zimbra is supportive and welcomes contributions, if you wish to modify the code then use the Open Source version or become a contributor to the project.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information