Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra Toaster Problems

tgx
    tgx is offline Elite Member

What is hanging on PopTray? I have it installed on 50 machines of different shapes, size and OS. No problems. You may have a configuration problem.

jones0610 is offline Active Member

I don't doubt what you're saying. But in my case, I installed poptray and it locked up solid every time I tried to fetch my mail. I don't really have the time to fool with something that didn't work from the jump.

It does look nice but it didn't work so time to move on. This is a Zimbra forum so troubleshooting poptray here would be inappropriate.

I came across a "class of service" item that looks promising:
    COS->Preferences->enable toaster notification for new mail

Was not enabled by default. Clicked it on, saved and waiting to see if it works.

IMHO, this should be enabled by default so as to save noobs like me having to waste people's time troubleshooting non-existent problems

UPDATE: The above COS change didn't help. Still broken
    Last edited by jones0610; 10-02-2009 at 11:25 AM.

tgx
    tgx is offline Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by jones0610 View Post
    I don't doubt what you're saying. But in my case, I installed poptray and it locked up solid every time I tried to fetch my mail. I don't really have the time to fool with something that didn't work from the jump.
    Given the nature of email services, and the myriad of configurations I don't see that putting some time in to investigate the problem is unreasonable. I spent a good deal of time with Toaster before moving on. I did get Toaster to pseudo work but it was never reliable. PopTray has issues as well if you have an INBOX with thousands of messages, but in my environment that is more a rarity than the norm.

steveljohn8 is offline Starter Member

hi i also have same problem please tell me how i can to get rid of it.i will wait your reply

spirit is offline Intermediate Member

Same problem for me, (zimbra NE 6.0.1), single server install

COS->Preferences->enable toaster is enabled in cos and enabled in the account.

in the mailbox.log:

soap - NoOpRequest
    Last edited by spirit; 10-06-2009 at 02:57 AM.

postman is offline Project Contributor

Smile

Zimbra Notifier 3.0.7 now works with Zimbra Collaboration Server 6
    It can be downloaded from Habitech
    It has many advantages as the following:

1. New Mail Notifications / Calendar Notifications (reminders)
    2. Standalone application, does not requires .Net Framework to run
    3. Changes the icon when a new mail arrives and cleans it when it's marked as read or deleted.
    4. Configurable alert mechanism (modal window, sound, alert balloon in Taskbar Notification Area)
    5. Allows omission of the spam folder elements
    6. Obeys polling interval from the Zimbra Preferences
    7. It weights less than 180 Kb in size
    8. Define your own Notification Rules

Regards
    Martin

Quick comment FWIW.... the demo version of this software seems to be lacking most of the advertised features and I'm going to assume that it's time-bombed. The original toaster was much nicer (when it used to work) and was/is free.

Oh... and this Zimbra Notifier Demo just broke my XP Pro PC... and it can't be uninstalled, apparently. I'm checking to see if it's actually a trojan or some other type of maware.
    Last edited by jones0610; 10-11-2009 at 10:45 PM.
    The Hon. Rev. Dr. Frank W. Saxton
    Knight in shining armor (2nd class)

http://security.NOCdesigns.com

postman is offline Project Contributor

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jones0610 View Post
    Quick comment FWIW.... the demo version of this software seems to be lacking most of the advertised features and I'm going to assume that it's time-bombed. The original toaster was much nicer (when it used to work) and was/is free.

Oh... and this Zimbra Notifier Demo just broke my XP Pro PC... and it can't be uninstalled, apparently. I'm checking to see if it's actually a trojan or some other type of maware.
    Frank
    I'm glad you test the software, but I'm affraid you downloaded an old version. Version prior to 3.0.7 did not work on Zimbra 6.0.1
    Version 3.0.7 now works on all versions. This is due a soap protocol change, from <sessionId/> to <session>.
    To uninstall Zimbra Notifier Demo, just right clic on the tray icon, select "Windows integration menu" and then uncheck "Run at startup".
    You can use the demo version as long as you want, three hours daily.
    Best Regards

Martin

Thanks for the response Martin.

My update was for the benefit of future visitors to this thread.

I visited the site URL posted earlier in this thread. I downloaded the demo version of the software which one would assume is the latest available. There was nothing on the web site to indicate that there were any compatibility problems or that the offered download was "old".

After doing the install, the software took over my screen and I had to use the task manager to kill it. Right/left clicking the icon had no effect. I was worried enough that this stuff might be malware that I immediately did a virus scan even though FF had already scanned the download. I immediately deleted all of the product's files from my computer after the virus scan completed.

So...
    1) It didn't work, at least for me.
    2) It failed in a very obnoxious way
    3) A 3/hr per day time limit on something that needs to run 7x24 is not very helpful (at least to me)
    4) Paying for something that breaks my PC seems couter-intuitive to me.

This is a "buyer beware" issue. On a scale of 1-10 with one being the worst and ten being the best, my review would give this product a zero. If someone reads this thread and decides to give the product a try anyway, more power to them.

As an aside, if you are going to "recommend" a product on a forum such as this one, you should clearly disclose that you work for or own the company that provides the product you are recommending if that, in fact, is the case. Most forums don't even allow sales and marketing postings as a violation of terms.
    The Hon. Rev. Dr. Frank W. Saxton
    Knight in shining armor (2nd class)

http://security.NOCdesigns.com

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

We're not really supporting this product any more. It will be moved to the open source community.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information