Thread: Wish list items

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Default Wish list items

Quote Originally Posted by adobrin
    Interface
    1) Resizable columns, sortable columns (i.e. i can't sort by "Sender" right now), and pluggable columns (If i want to replace say, Internal-Date with X-Sent-Date). It would help to have these fields available in the Search Builder, too.

2) Tasks. Sure, it would be great to have this integrated with a custom forms and workflow engine (as it seems that's your projected-path), but its just, well, missing right now. -- Along these same lines, I'm eventually hoping we're getting a Notes-like forms builder--thats the plan, right?

3) A way to script popups/mashups into the system via the Admin UI.
    1) Good idea. This in on our list. It's a bit trickier since in conversation mode there are more than one *sender*.

2) Tasks yes. Forms we'll for the most part enable with the API that we use to create the mash-ups you've seen today Skype, Google Maps, Fedex/UPS, etc. This API is not in the code today as it will be in final form but it's coming and should provide the hooks needed to make some top notch integrations.

3) Yes. As I said above, we've got some pretty cool plans around this and hope to expose at least some of this via the admin UI.
    Last edited by KevinH; 11-04-2005 at 10:48 AM.

dkarp is offline Zimbra Employee

Default sender-sort is available for message searches

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    Quote Originally Posted by adobrin
    Interface
    1) Resizable columns, sortable columns (i.e. i can't sort by "Sender" right now), and pluggable columns (If i want to replace say, Internal-Date with X-Sent-Date). It would help to have these fields available in the Search Builder, too.
    1) Good idea. This in on our list. It's a bit trickier since in conversation mode there are more than one *sender*.
    Yeah -- I'm not sure what sorting by "Sender" would mean for conversations. When your search returns messages (toggle the "View" to "By Message"), you can already sort by "Sender".

adobrin is offline Special Member

Default chronology

I understand that you are "cleaning" up the mailbox with the conversation view, but it seems that you could achieve a best of both worlds (if you don't mind being a bit messier).

My personal preference would be to display all messages in chronological order, as you do with the message preview view, but to show conversations on the drill down.

Some UI thoughts: (1) just add a menu item (or some sort of hot key) to display the second (conversation) pane from the message preview list. (2) allow the grouped conversations to be "unraveled" showing the list in a separate highlighted color (3) have a third type of view with three panes (preview pane on the bottom, conversation pane that only displays if there are multiple messages, and inbox pane.

Yes we plan to add more views. Your 3rd suggestion is the closest to the next view we'll be adding.

mattdono is offline Active Member

Default Update on Tasks Integration?

2) Tasks yes. Forms we'll for the most part enable with the API that we use to create the mash-ups you've seen today Skype, Google Maps, Fedex/UPS, etc. This API is not in the code today as it will be in final form but it's coming and should provide the hooks needed to make some top notch integrations.
    Kevin...any update on the Tasks?

Quote Originally Posted by mattdono
    Kevin...any update on the Tasks?

No updates, Of course you can always just send an email to yourself and tag it.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

mattdono is offline Active Member

Default Tasks

No updates, Of course you can always just send an email to yourself and tag it.
    Thanks. I didn't even think of the sending myself an email with a "Tasks" tag assigned.

I was really thinking about tasks in the shared tasks list approach. Incorporating a share task list would provide group collaboration on projects.

It would be cool if you could have a global tag called "Task" and could add that tag to an outgoing email. Then it would be on your tag list and the recipients. Granted, that would probably only work for people within your Global Address List (i.e., a co-worker). But...anyway. Thanks for the help.

P.S. Much respect from my development team to yours. We have been working on some AJAX/Java stuff prior to migrating to Zimbra for email. But since we migrated, they have been very complimentary to the Zimbra suite. And, their collective wheels are turning based on some of things that you all are doing. Keep up the great work.

Thread Information