Thread: Add Note

Edoardop is offline New Member

Default Add Note

Ciao

I'm planning to install Zimbra, it looks amazing, but I have one silly big problem:

I receive faxes by email, attached as Tif Images

Actually with Outlook XP I edit the received message and change the subject with the sender's name

In this way I can easily search the fax folder with "Smith" and find all his faxes

That's not possible with Zimbra; is there any way to add a note to incoming emails? I can't make a tag for each customers, we are talking of thousands faxes per year

Ciao and thank you for help,

Edoardo

raj
    raj is offline Moderator

did you try FILTERS (Webmail -> Prefrences --> Mail Filters)

you can add a filter and in the ACTIONS you can TAG it..you can make lots of TAGS and use different tags based on Some logic..ie Subject/body or heardwer..

this will TAG your mails..then all you do is click on the TAG in webmail and it will find all emails.

Raj
    i2k2 Networks
    Dedicated & Shared Zimbra Hosting Provider

Dear Raj,

thank you for your quick and kind reply

Your idea would work, but there are some limits.

First of all I don't know who is gonna send the fax, neither I know which fax number they are gonna use; the filters would only understand that it's a fax and apply a generic "This is a Fax" tag

Last but not least, I receive thousands of faxes and each fax has its own purpose, it would be meaningless to create thousands of tags

At this point you'll think that Italy has a serious technologic gap if we still have large use of faxes... who said you're wrong??

Ciao and thank you,

Edoardo

ewilen is offline Moderator

I know there's a stickynotes zimlet that lets you add notes to items, but I'd be surprised if you could search on the contents of the notes. Could be worth a try, though.

In general, being able to edit incoming mails (at least the subject) would be a useful feature. Many people don't "get" the function of the Subject line and it'd be great if I could (e.g.) change a Subject from "please help me" to "problem opening Word document".

Maybe some IMAP clients would allow that? I know that some POP clients will let you do it, but of course that's on a locally-stored message.

At the moment the only workaround I can think of for Edoardo, and it's an ugly one, would be to forward the message including attachment to yourself and change the subject. A Zimlet might at least automate the process somewhat.

Thank you very much for your help Elliot, I'll search this zimlet and I'll post the result

Ciao,

Edoardo

Thread Information