Thread: CreateMountpointRequest

Coilcore is offline Senior Member

Default CreateMountpointRequest

I'm struggling with allowing users to attach files which are not actually on the client, but are instead located on a SAN which is not accessable by the client. I've pondered many different ways to do this -- I read the FileUpload doc and considered faking a client long enough to stuff the files in and getting a token, and I've thought about trying to do this via zimlet. But right now a good solution hasn't become apparent.

I was looking at the SOAP doc and noticed 'CreateMountpointRequest', which *if* it was talking about an NFS mount point would be the solution to my problems. But it looks like a 'shared folder' concept so it doesn't solve my problem.

Still it seems interesting none-the-less, more dynamic shared data has some exciting potential. Unfortunately the SOAP doc has no documentation around this.

Could someone explain mountpoints and what CreateMountpointRequest would be used for?

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

CreateMountpointRequest allows a user to share a folder with others. If you do a "$set:debug 1" in the web client and share your calendar folder you can see how it is used.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Thread Information