Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free to a good home

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

Default Free to a good home

Hi All

I am moving onto other pastures and will be stopping any involvement in Zimbra opensource community. It would be a shame to waste my efforts (for me, possibly the world will manage to carry on somehow), if anyone is interested in taking over the patches and documentation for my porting efforts to date, please let me know. There are full or partial patches for Solaris, OpenSUSE11, FreeBSD, Ubuntu9, and these community websites:

Welcome to varlogmessages
    SourceForge.net: Zimbra Community Builds: Files

Good luck for the future, please don't hesitate to email me (zimbra@ijichi.org) if you have any questions about the patches/websites now or in the future. If no-one is interested by a couple of weeks time, I'll just remove varlogmessages - the sourceforge site already has other admins.
    Last edited by dijichi2; 01-28-2009 at 01:56 PM.

uxbod is offline Moderator

Really sad to see you going Good luck with your new ventures and hopefully we shall see you back in the future

ringnebula is offline Loyal Member

I would love to take things over for you dijichi2 if you are still looking for a home for the work. I am not much of a developer but appreciate all of the work you have put into this and would hate to see it disappear.

I'm still running one of your early sparc64 builds on a test machine too.

email is the best way to get ahold of me - jacob@ringnebula.net
    Jacob Turner
    Ringnebula Systems - Ukiah, CA

siva.ss.kumar is offline OpenSource Builder

Dom. Sorry to see you go. Solaris and Zimbra have lost a great supporter. I will see if I can release Zimbra/Solaris bits once in a while. Thanks and really appreciate all your help.

serivo is offline OpenSource Builder

Default zcs for Solaris

Quote Originally Posted by dijichi2 View Post
    Hi All

Good luck for the future, please don't hesitate to email me (zimbra@ijichi.org) if you have any questions about the patches/websites now or in the future. If no-one is interested by a couple of weeks time, I'll just remove varlogmessages - the sourceforge site already has other admins.
    Hi,
    I will try to build current zimbra for at least Solaris-10.
    I have once followed instructions on varlogmessages site and had Third Party software built.
    It is not an easy thing, - now I'm running perforce to pull sources, and it is hanging:
    ---
    bin/p4 -v 10 -u public -P public1234 -c public-view sync -f //depot/zcs/FRANKLIN/...
    ~VarArray 0/0
    Perforce client error:
    TCP receive failed.
    read: socket: Connection reset by peer
    ---

Is it possible to benefit from downloading zcs-5.0.12_GA_2793-src.tar.gz? Can I feed it to perforce so that it will need just refresh the sources instead of getting them all?

Also, is it possible to get somewhere instructions on setting up Solaris environment and dependencies for the zimbra build?

--
    Sergey

mmorse is offline Moderator

Really miss you Dom!

Quote Originally Posted by serivo View Post
    TCP receive failed.
    Sometimes it needs a good kick

When it's fixed I would also re-sync/apply the changes mentioned in http://www.zimbra.com/forums/announc...-0-12-bug.html > Bug 35100

I don't think you can feed in existing files. As there's so many people using the public cache normal sync often won't show new stuff; there are a few other workspaces available, I run sync #none / p4 sync -k / p4 flush on them occasionally - but sometimes they just need to be wiped/re-provisioned. Hence sync -f really is the best way to get everything - even though it takes a while.

For docs check both wiki's.
    Last edited by mmorse; 02-10-2009 at 06:37 PM.

siva.ss.kumar is offline OpenSource Builder

@serivo. Good to see you working on Solaris 10. I too got similar error when trying to pull from perforce. Dom had put the 5.0.12 snapshot in the sourceforge site. I downloaded the sources and building ZCS for OpenSolaris.

serivo is offline OpenSource Builder

Quote Originally Posted by siva.ss.kumar View Post
    Dom had put the 5.0.12 snapshot in the sourceforge site. I downloaded the sources and building ZCS for OpenSolaris.
    How are you build doing?
    I did not save varlogmessages' patches and instructions, - although I never see them complete, but without them it is much more difficult to build.
    If somebody have, please, share!
    --
    Sergey

raj
    raj is offline Moderator

sorry to see you go.

Anyone who is going to take on the project and need free hosting for "varlogmessages" or its content..please PM me i will do so as long as needed.

Raj
    i2k2 Networks
    Dedicated & Shared Zimbra Hosting Provider

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

Hi chaps

Many apologies to those who have emailed me and I haven't responded - been very busy on other stuff. I'll try and find some time this weekend to sanitize and tar up the varlogmessages website and data and will post it for you guys to put up elsewhere if you wish.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information