Thread: Modify ActioMenu

carr is offline Active Member

Default Modify ActioMenu

Hi,

unfortunately when you right-click on the MailListView the ActionMenu poping up is not a Zimlet like the one when you click in the mail preview.
    Anyway, I need to change the event listeners for the "Edit Contact" and "Add New Contact".

I already spend several hours searching the code. Is there some array I can modify like for the appChooser were I can enable or disable buttons...

Any ideas?
    Thx

Angry

Come on guys this is kind of important.

I'm getting the impression that NO DEVELOPER of Zimbra looks inside this forum. 95% of my questions are unanswered. If I ask the wrong questions, please tell me at least.

But I think that for a developer my questions should be really easy. At least they can tell me if it is feasibel for non-zimbra-developers.

I spend a huge amount of time trying to understand code and looking inside global arrays like appCtxt.

So far developing Zimlets and Skins was a real pain in the ass. Mainly because the documentation is VERY POOR and the forum is one of THE WORST I have experienced.

The community is supportive, but the community knows very little about Zimlets and Skins.

Btw we bought support for Zimbra, but the support is not for developing issues. If I ask the support something about developing it points me to the documentation, which again contains something like:
    The programming of templates is beyond the scope of this document -- see Getting Help for resources to help customize the appearance of the application via templates.
    As you might noticed I am completely frustrated right now...

Something else:

I would like to disable the "New" drop-down menu so that it will only trigger "New Email":

How do I do this?

dalmate is offline Elite Member

Hey, your idea like mine. I read code,too. And I think you should see ZmOperation.js to define your new Operation and then you modify ZmMailApp.js to add your menu Item, maybe it'll work.If you're success, let's me know,ok?

Thread Information