Thread: [SOLVED] What files modify the standard html client's layout?

jsnapp is offline Active Member

Default [SOLVED] What files modify the standard html client's layout?

Can someone tell me what files need to be modified so I can put a row of links above all the Zimbra content in zimbra's standard html web client?

These links will allow us to move between other systems we use while keeping a feeling of being in one overall system. I've attached a picture named "branding.jpg" of what I've been able to do with the advanced client.

I was able to achieve this look by modifying the skin.html and skin.css files under /opt/zimbra/jetty/webapps/zimbra/skins/_base/base2.

The real question I have is how do I get those buttons to show up in the standard html client? The wiki instructions for rebranding Zimbra 5 is very well done but when it comes to rebranding the standard client it is extremely limited. It says that changing the layout of standard client is beyond the scope of the document.

Are there any instructions on how to do this that you can direct me to?
    Attached Images Attached Images

jsnapp is offline Active Member

Default I found which files needed to be changed

I tried asking for Zimbra's help but their policy was to hand me off to a partner company that handles these kinds of branding modifications. I was disappointed to find out how much it would cost to have this company make what seemed to be such a relatively small modification. I was even more disappointed when I found out just how simple it was for ME to make the modification.

I don't understand why Zimbra has such great documentation for modifying the Ajax client but absolutely no documentation (that I could find) for modifying the standard client.

I suppose if I am allowed to add a wiki page then I can post what I know there.

The /opt/zimbra/jetty/webapps/zimbra/css/zhtml.css file is the css file for the standard html client.

The following list of files represent each possible standard html client view available.

Therefore if a modification needs to be made to the standard html client skins such as adding a row of portal buttons to the top of the skin then that change must be made to each of these files.

/opt/zimbra/jetty/webapps/zimbra/h/
    addattendees
    addcontacts
    attachments
    calendar
    compose
    eppt
    econtact
    egroup
    etask
    maddrbooks
    mcalendars