Thread: zimbra, java and cron

johnsonpeter is offline Junior Member

Default zimbra, java and cron

Hi,
    I've been struggling with this all day and it seems like a problem that someone must have already solved.

I have a java program that updates zimbra based on data in an oracle database. It executes just fine at the command line and in in a bash shell script.

When I call the script from cron it fails with the following error, although a simple java program in the same script will execute just fine.:
    #
    # An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
    #
    # SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x0638e976, pid=10301, tid=3086879648
    #
    # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (10.0-b22 mixed mode linux-x86)
    # Problematic frame:
    # V [libjvm.so+0x38e976]
    #
    # An error report file with more information is saved as:
    # /home/oracle/zimbra/hs_err_pid10301.log
    #
    # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
    # HotSpot Virtual Machine Error Reporting Page

Here is the script:
    :

cd ~oracle/zimbra

export ORACLE_SID=prod
    export ORAENV_ASK=NO
    . /usr/local/bin/oraenv

export ORAHOME=/oracle
    export PATH=/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/oracle/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/oracle/bin
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/oracle/lib:/opt/jdk1.6.0_06/jre/lib/i386/server/

# set the classpath var.
    export CLASSPATH=/oracle/jdbc/lib/classes12.jar:./jars/activation.jar:./jars/ant-1.7.0-ziputil-patched.jar:./jars/ant-contrib-1.0b1.jar:./jars/bouncycastle.jar:./jars/catalina-ant.jar:./jars/commons-beanutils-1.6.1.jar:./jars/commons-cli-2.0.jar:./jars/commons-codec-1.3.jar:./jars/commons-collections-3.1.jar:./jars/commons-dbcp-1.1.jar:./jars/commons-digester-1.5.jar:./jars/commons-fileupload-1.0-zimbra.jar:./jars/commons-httpclient-3.0.jar:./jars/commons-logging.jar:./jars/commons-pool-1.1.jar:./jars/concurrent-1.3.4-zimbra-1.0.0.jar:./jars/dom4j-1.5.jar:./jars/ganymed-ssh2-build209.jar:./jars/ical4j-0.9.16-patched.jar:./jars/jakarta-oro-2.0.7.jar:./jars/java_memcached-release_1.6.jar:./jars/jaxen-1.1-beta-3.jar:./jars/jcommon-1.0.0.jar:./jars/jetty-6.1.5.jar:./jars/jetty-util-6.1.5.jar:./jars/jfreechart-1.0.1.jar:./jars/jsieve-0.1-zimbra.jar:./jars/junit-3.8.1.jar:./jars/jzlib.jar:./jars/KeyView.jar:./jars/libidn-1.0.jar:./jars/log4j-1.2.8.jar:./jars/lucene-core-2.3.1.jar:./jars/mail.jar:./jars/mina-core-1.1.0-zimbra.jar:./jars/mina-filter-ssl-1.1.0.jar:./jars/mysql-connector-java-5.0.3-bin.jar:./jars/nekohtml.jar:./jars/slf4j-api-1.3.1.jar:./jars/slf4j-log4j12-1.3.1.jar:./jars/tnef-1.3.0.jar:./jars/whack.jar:./jars/xercesImpl.jar:./jars/xpp3.jar:./jars/yuicompressor-2.3.4.jar:./jars/zimbra-charset.jar:./jars/zimbracommon.jar:./jars/zimbraim.jar:./jars/zimbra-native.jar:./jars/zimbrastore.jar:/oracle/jdbc/lib/classes12.jar

/opt/jdk1.6.0_06/bin/java -classpath ${CLASSPATH}:. show_date > update.log

/opt/jdk1.6.0_06/bin/java -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/home/oracle/.keystore -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=xxxxxxxxx -classpath ${CLASSPATH}:. update_zimbra >> update.log

How do you call a java program that accesses zimbra from cron?

padraig is offline Elite Member

i tend to use:

su - zimbra -c 'some_command'
    e.g.
    su - zimbra -c ' tomcat restart'
    Thanks For any replies,
    p.

Baylink is offline Elite Member

Programs executed from cron have *no environment at all*; this is a common problem, Java or otherwise.

Try setting TERM in your wrapper script, just for grins and giggles.
    Jay R. Ashworth - ZCS 6.0.9CE/CentOS5 - St Pete FL US - Music - Blog - Photography - IANAL - IAAMA
    Try to Ask Questions The Smart Way -- you'll get better answers.

Put your product and version in your profile/signature - All opinions strictly my own, even though I have an employer these days.
    If you [SOLVE] something, please tell everyone how for the archives
    And, please... read what people write, and answer the questions they asked, not the ones they didn't.

Thread Information