Thread: The concept of a company/organization

Rami Ojares is offline Starter Member

Default The concept of a company/organization

Hi,

I am wondering if there has been any planning regarding the concept of company /organization.

Here is the idea:
    As a service provider you sell Zimbra to clients.
    Most of the time the client represents a company or some other kind of organization.
    And often though not always that company has one to one mapping with a domain.

The benefits would be:
    - You could assign an administrator for that company that could manage accounts belonging to that company. So any time they need to add/remove accounts they could do it themselves (quickly).
    - Company could have a shared document/briefcase space right away and they could have the company contacts accessible right away for everyone.
    - The experience would resemble more intranet than individual accounts interacting in an ad-hoc manner.

Does anyone have any idea if this kind of model would be hard to implement since this would be a must feature for us if we were to start renting Zimbra as an Application Service Provider.

dpmchris is offline Special Member

Are you saying you wish to become a hosted Zimbra provider for others? I am not reading your intentions clearly in your description.

Zimbra can provide all these things, and there are a number of hosted providers available, such as 01.com.
    Version 6.0.16_GA_2998.NETWORK Apr 4, 2012 MACOSXx86
    Xserve 2x Dual Core Xeons 10GB with Xserve RAID

Rami Ojares is offline Starter Member

> Are you saying you wish to become a hosted Zimbra provider for others?

Yep, that would be the idea.

> Zimbra can provide all these things

How?
    The only place I was able to see other accounts belonging to the same domain was when I was inviting people to a calendar event.

I could not see the other accounts under the same domain in contacts.
    And what about a briefcase that everyone in the same domain could see.
    I tried to share the briefcase to a friend but all he received was an email but no way to navigate to that briefcase. And what about the buddy list? It was empty...

And to repeat myself: Domain is not equal to organization

I know I am a noob considering Zimbra...So forgive me if I don't see something obvious.

I coded with a friend this type of software on top of Lotus Notes back in 2000 and first time I am seeing some interesting developments in this area with Zimbra.

Thread Information