Thread: Adding custom contact fields (and other mods)?

BillS is offline Starter Member

Default Adding custom contact fields (and other mods)?

Just installed Zimbra last night without a hitch, and an impressive feature set to boot.

Some background: What I really need is an appointment scheduler with contacts (I don't mind the email but its not what I need). So I'm really not sure if Zimbra is a good fit but the interface is so slick I want to use it and the SOAP interface is great.

Couple of things I need to change would be:
    1) Adding custom fields to the Contacts (IM interfaces, primary phone) and some checkboxes (use this IM server for instance, appointment notification)
    2) Do not automatically send email appointment invites (I want to control that and the method).
    3) Be able to add contacts to an appointment that do not have an email address, but that have other information (from what I read this looks like it maybe a problem trying to do). I know you can kludge it with a invalid email address but for my target audiance things need to be very simple and intuitive.

Things I would like to have:
    1) On logon, calendar shows up first not email
    2) When scheduling an appointment be able to select attendies right there instead of going to advanced.
    3) Event driven third party hook. So that I could listen (so to speak) for Create Update Delete on appointments without polling.

I haven't really dug into the code much but any idea on how difficult it would be to implement some of these changes.

Any advice is appreciated.

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Quote Originally Posted by BillS
    Couple of things I need to change would be:
    1) Adding custom fields to the Contacts (IM interfaces, primary phone) and some checkboxes (use this IM server for instance, appointment notification)
    2) Do not automatically send email appointment invites (I want to control that and the method).
    3) Be able to add contacts to an appointment that do not have an email address, but that have other information (from what I read this looks like it maybe a problem trying to do). I know you can kludge it with a invalid email address but for my target audiance things need to be very simple and intuitive.
    1) This should be easy

2) Might be a bit harder as we use email in a sense to create the event. You could just remove create from the UI

3) Similar problem to #2 it's centered around email.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

ezajko is offline Intermediate Member

Why not makeing it even more usefull - Today's Journal with Calendar and Email
    2) When scheduling an appointment be able to select attendies right there instead of going to advanced.
    You have this - click on Attendees and select them from address books

kiwicmc is offline Senior Member

Default Things to have in calendar

3) Event driven third party hook. So that I could listen (so to speak) for Create Update Delete on appointments without polling.
    Bill, I'm also keen on 1) and 3), I've also just installed and am going to have a hunt around in the code base shortly. I'll post what I find here.

Regards,
    Chris

KevinH is offline Expert Member

If you want this added to our list it be a good idea to drop them into bugzilla. Throw in a vote too. We sort community requests by votes so it will help them bubble to the top first.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

kiwicmc is offline Senior Member

Default Enhancement request added, vote early, vote often!

#6288 Event driven third party hook

Thread Information