Thread: Query Calendar Via SOAP

shahins is offline Member

Angry Query Calendar Via SOAP

Hi,
    Can anyone provide me with a sample code (preferably in Java) that takes username, password, begintime, endtime; and returns all the calendar entries in that time interval?
    I have already digged into the documents and the source code for Zimbra and I found them quite confusing and useless for a newbie. So please do not refer me to the documents as I have gone through them already. All I need is a little sample code demonstrating how a simple query like this is done.
    Thanks

P.S. I have tried the REST api and after implementing it, I realized the server had a bug and it was returning all the entries in the calendar. So, REST won't help me either.

jhahm is offline Zimbra Employee

Hi, I don't have any Java code to show you, but what may be closest to what you want is SearchRequest made by the Zimbra web client. Run the web client with "?dev=1" in the URL to bring up the debug window. Login, go to calendar view, clear the debug window and click on Refresh button to see the request the client makes to get a week's worth of data. Notice it specifies types="appointment" and sets calExpandInstStart and calExpandInstEnd for time range.

This request returns list of appointments and their instances in the time range. The distinction is there because appointments can be recurring.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

shahins is offline Member

Thanks for the reply. I don't have Zimbra client installed here, but having a sample of <SearchRequest> with all the parameters would be as helpful. If you have such a sample would you please send it to me?
    Thanks

jhahm is offline Zimbra Employee

Hi, I suggest you download and install a test server. Once you have it up and running, it's just a matter of adding "?dev=1" to the URL. As an alternative you could try the Hosted Demo Account at www.zimbra.com site.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Thread Information