Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Solaris 10 5.0 build released!

sparctacus is offline New Member

Any update on sparc64? Still need a root zone on a sol10 box?
    Last edited by sparctacus; 10-22-2008 at 09:44 AM. Reason: adding stuff

sevilla is offline Senior Member

So.. right now.. what is the current release of ZCS for solaris and on which platform will work?

jelmd is offline Junior Member

zcs-5.0.12_GA_2793.SOLARIS10_i386 doesn't work:
    - missing dependency to SUNWsudou/SUNWsudor
    - missing php module for apache httpd
    - doesn't check, whether another MTA is already installed and running (per default sendmail is installed)
    - JVM cannot be started because of wrong Xms setting (e.g. -Xms6408m)

serivo is offline OpenSource Builder

I have zcs-5.0.13_GA_2799.SOLARIS10_i386.FRANKLIN build for Solaris-10(i386). I managed to upgrade from 4.5.4_GA_754.SOLARIS10.TEST2_i386, which was built by dijichi2. But upgrade required many tricks, which should go into fixes in the packages, - like fake 'whoami' and fixing wrong ownership/permission for /opt/csw/etc/sudoers. I hope will implement these fixes soon and upload fixed packages to SourceForge's zimbra community builds site.
    --
    Sergey.

siva.ss.kumar is offline OpenSource Builder

@jelmd. Are you trying it in Solaris10? Even though the filename mentions SOLARIS10, I had built on OpenSoalris 2008.11. For running on OpenSolaris, you can just install 'pkg install packagename' whatever package that is missing.
    SUNWsudou, or just SUNWsudo?
    JVM, initial Xms setting can be overcome with 'zmlocalconfig' command. Please check the README file in the sourceforge site, for some instructions.

@serivo, great job. Please update your changes and also the 5.0.13 binary for S10. For 'whoami', it will work, if you have '/usr/ucb' in your PATH variable.

@siva.ss.kumar

Env: Well, we're running Nevada on our clients/test servers and S10u7 on production servers. Right now OpenSolaris is not an option duetue its several limitiations ...

Fixes: Yes, for now and since testing I installed the SUNWsudo* packages as well as the SUNWphp52* + SUNWapch22*-php52 packages and symlinked /usr/apache2/2.2/libexec/mod_php5.so to /opt/zimbra/httpd-2.2.8/modules/libphp5.so. However finally those packages will not be installed on production servers - pfexec/rbac + smf is our [the] way to handle services today.

Also found the conf/localconfig.xml and adjusted the percentages to 10%. This wasn't enough since InnoDB is a 32bit binary only and didn't restart as well - innodb_buffer_pool_size was too large (max. addressable memory is 4GB) - manually setting the innodb_buffer_pool_size to 1 GB in conf/my.cnf
    fixed finally the problem.

Anyway, the RFE is: The install script should check, whether the autosizes are >= 4 GB, and should reduce it for Xms as well as Innodb, if that's the case.
    Also I think, having a percentage value here is really a bad thing. If the zcs zone gets transferred to another server e.g. with 128GB RAM, zcs will break again. If it gets transferred back to a machine with e.g. with 4 or 8 GB RAM it would break again or would be awefully slow. So zcs config should allow to have/use absolute as well, whereby absolute values would overule the percentage "rules"...

adeelarifbhatti is offline Advanced Member

Exclamation Zimbra fro solaris sparc

Hi guys,
    Apology, didn't go through this whole topic.
    But my issue is with the zimbra for solaris(sparc). I had deployed it on a full root zone. But it is not working properly. I guess it have some of the bugs. The one I can point out is with the receiving and sending mails using MUA or from webmail.It also dont accept mails from other MTAs.
    Every thing is fine with port 25 except when we telnet on 25 and proceed further, it stops responding after mail from: test@hotmail.com.

Where I can get the zimbra (open source) from sparc solaris free from bugs!!!

Best regards
    Adeel

Quote Originally Posted by adeelarifbhatti View Post
    Hi guys,

Adeel
    Hi Adeel,

I'm currently studying the code and will try to remove all the viral bloated thirdparty stuff (i.e. ancient antispam stuff, horror openldap, stupid postfix, etc.) - we've all that already in place (is mostly covered by Solaris or other support) and well integrated in our management/maintainance tools...

So it may take a while, but hopefully someday there'll be a probably glassfish v3 driven version reduced to the zimbra core [and its bugs] aka real J2EE application, which is pretty easy to install/configure and 'll work out of the box ;-)

Regards,
    jel.

serivo is offline OpenSource Builder

Hi,
    I have working x86 solaris zimbra servers, even with 64-bit java.
    They are working pretty good, - main components.
    But all the configuration utilities has a lot of problems.
    I'm working to fix the bugs there. They are bash and perl scripts mostly, so I expect it should mostly be the fixes for both sparc and x86.
    But the way to get servers up and working in the environment without changing requirements (like zimbraMailMode or server name) - the easiest and fastest way iis to find what configuration file is broken by these utilities, and then correct them by manual editing.
    Quote Originally Posted by adeelarifbhatti View Post
    Hi guys,
    Apology, didn't go through this whole topic.
    But my issue is with the zimbra for solaris(sparc). I had deployed it on a full root zone. But it is not working properly. I guess it have some of the bugs. The one I can point out is with the receiving and sending mails using MUA or from webmail.It also dont accept mails from other MTAs.
    Every thing is fine with port 25 except when we telnet on 25 and proceed further, it stops responding after mail from: test@hotmail.com.

--
    Best regards
    Sergey

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information