Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarification about "Text based queries search"

susmita_ghosh is offline Member

Default Clarification about "Text based queries search"

Hi ,
    I am new to Zimbra.
    I have seen Zimbra's Search feature like search by folder,search by sender, search by subject,search by tag etc and able to understand it .

But I am not able to understand about "Text based queries search"?
    Can any one , please help me to understand the above queries and give some kind of input to it ? Also i would like to know the format of writing such "text based "queries

Thanks in advance

Susmita
    Last edited by susmita_ghosh; 11-01-2007 at 06:23 AM.

dkarp is offline Zimbra Employee

You can search for text in a message's body (or even in attachments). Query syntax is just bare or quoted words, e.g.
    "this text"
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Thanks .

Now I am having another queries about "keyword search". As per my understanding if any mail contain a word like today ,tomorrow ,yesterday etc . If I try to find by keyword "Today" , all the mail containing "today" will be displayed.
    Can anyone correct me , if my undrstanding is correct.
    Also what is the difference between cross context search and multiconditional search .

Any feedback will be highly appreciated .

Thanks in advance

Susmita
    Last edited by susmita_ghosh; 11-02-2007 at 03:52 AM.

mmorse is offline Moderator

Welcome to the forums,

So if your using the Network Edition (or NE Trial) you have:
    Attachment Indexing - search for material inside that word doc/PDF
    Attachment Rendering - view that word doc/PDF as HTML in your browser so you don't have to waste time opening word/adobe acrobat or whatever reader
    Compare ZCS Editions

'Multi-Conditional' means that you can specify multiple search limiters/terms to your string.

I think this doc will help you out the most in regards to text-based queries: Search Tips - Zimbra :: Wiki

There is a nice advanced search button on the main search bar that will help you graphically sort. Try it out, you'll find the concept of 'unit blocks' way better than what most 'advanced searches' which tend to be simply large forms to fill out.

If you don't have Zimbra installed yet you can play with the Hosted v5 Demo
    Last edited by mmorse; 11-02-2007 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by susmita_ghosh View Post
    I have seen Zimbra's Search feature like search by folder,search by sender, search by subject,search by tag etc and able to understand it .
    Guess you've already seen it-but here it is again anyway.
    The graphical advanced search in the web-client:

You start with basic, and add/remove units. It will also remember what you've just done recently and display those when you return to advanced search.

You can do all that (and way more!) non-graphically by combining the below queries in the main search bar using things like:

content: Specifies text that the message must contain. For example, content:bananas finds all items containing the word "bananas".
    from: Specifies a sender name or email address that is in the From header. This can be text, as in "John Smith III", an email address such as "joe@acme.com", or a domain such as "@zimbra.com".
    to: Same as from: except that it specifies one of the people to whom the email was addressed in the To: header.
    cc: Same as from: except that it specifies a recipient in the Cc: header of the message.
    subject: Specifies text that must appear in the subject header of the message. An example might be subject:"new vacation policy". Use quotes to search for exact match.
    in: Specifies a folder. For example, in:sent would show all items in your 'sent' folder.
    has: Specifies an attribute that the message must have. The types of object you can specify are "attachment", "phone", or "url". For example, has:attachment would find all messages which contain one or more attachments of any type.
    filename: Specifies an attachment file name. For example, filename:query.txt would find messages with a file attachment named "query.txt".
    type: Specifies a search within attachments of a specified type. The types of attachment you can specify are "text", "word", "excel", and "pdf". For example, type:word "hello" finds messages with attachments that are Microsoft Word documents and searches within those attachments for the word "hello".
    attachment: Specifies any item with a certain type of attachment. For example, attachment:word would find all messages with Word attachments.
    is: Searches for messages with a certain status. Allowable values are "unread", "read", "flagged", "unflagged", "sent", "draft", "received", "replied", "unreplied", "forwarded", unforwarded", "anywhere", "remote" (in a shared folder), "local", "sent". For example, is: unread will find all unread messages. (Comming in 5.0 [hopefully] is:solo to see all emails/conversations without a reply!
    date: Use this keyword to specify a date, using the format that is default for your browser's locale (for US English the format is mm/dd/yyyy). For example, date:2/1/2007 would find messages dated February 1, 2007. The greater than (>) or less than (<) symbols can be used instead of after or before. >= and <= are also allowed.
    after: Specifies mail sent after a certain date. For example, after:2/1/2007 specifies mail sent after February 1, 2007.
    before: Same as after: except specifies mail sent before the specified date.
    size: Specifies messages whose total size, including attachments, is a specified number of bytes, kilobytes, or megabytes For example, size:12 kb would find messages that are exactly 12K in size. The greater than (>) or less than (<) symbols can be used instead of bigger or smaller.
    larger: Similar to size: except specifies greater than the specified size.
    smaller: Similar to size: except specifies smaller than the specified size.
    tag: Finds messages which have been tagged with a specified tag. For example, tag:amber will find message that have a tag called "amber" applied.: Keyword_Descriptions_and_Examples - Search Tips - Zimbra :: Wiki

Tips:
    -You can set your General Options to 'Always show search string' to see the current query in the Search toolbar. For example, when this option is set, clicking your Inbox folder shows the query string 'in:inbox'. This makes it easy to see what your currently viewing.
    -If you set the "Initial mail search:" to something besides in:inbox upon login you will be taken to that folder/results first. So you could set it to like in:inbox tag:urgent

/blog/archives/2007/05/the_power_of_search_part_1_the_search_bar_1.html
    /blog/archives/2007/08/the_power_of_search_part_2_visual_search_1.html
    Last edited by mmorse; 11-02-2007 at 07:33 AM.

Default How to import and export v-card in zimbra?

Iam the new user of the Zimbra 4.5.6.I am just looking features import/export of Vcards in VCF format in order to find out impact on the migartion.This will also help us in evaluation.

I am not able to find out the Import feature
    related to VCards in VCF format.Also there is no UI available to do the import/export opertiona for Vcards.

Thanks
    Susmita Ghosh

Thanks mike for all your answers.

Default Recurrences and recurrence exceptions--didnt understand the meaning of this

I am the user of zimbra mail client.I have came across these words
    "Recurrences and recurrence exceptions" ---- what is the meaning of this.

Can you please help me in understanding the meaning of " Recurrences " and
    "recurrence exceptions"

Thanks in advance
    Susmita

Recurrences is like saying repeating, are you talking about recurring appointments (opening the single instance vs opening the series)?
    Attach a screenshot and we'll 'translate' the meaning it if you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information