Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] iSync issues (calendar sync hangs)

mbd
    mbd is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sculi2000 View Post
    Thanks for this information. From the looks of it, I'd guess the machine on which the sync is running is having trouble receiving data from the zimbra server at some point during the sync.
    It should only be using standard HTTP ports, right? (port 443 for a secure connection in my case, but port 80 for others who may not use secure http?).

Is the machine connected wirelessly to the network? While the sync is hanging, can you access the server via the web client?
    Nope, it's a 100mbit ethernet connection, and is going within our internal LAN as opposed to over the Internet. I'm away from work for a few days, so I can't test it further from the machine I've been using. I may try and install the plugin on another machine though and will report back.

rojs is offline Intermediate Member

I've got 2 macs that look like they're doing the same thing. I put in a support ticket but no one seems to want to touch it.

Get a bunch of these in the mac's system log:
    Code:
    Mar 22 09:23:23 xxcomputer ZimbraHelper: [Thu Mar 22 09:23:23 200] Caught exception while trying to sync calendars: name = NSInvalidArgumentException, reason = *** -[ZimbraClient copyWithZone:]: selector not recognized [self = 0x15ba0a0] (25075)\n
    Mar 22 09:23:23 xxcomputer ZimbraHelper: [assert] error: !err\n[assert] where: "ZimbraHelper_main.mm", "Sync", line: 2411\n\n
    Mar 22 09:26:07 xxcomputer ZimbraHelper: [Thu Mar 22 09:26:06 200] Caught exception while trying to sync calendars: name = NSInvalidArgumentException, reason = *** -[ZimbraClient copyWithZone:]: selector not recognized [self = 0x15ba0a0] (25086)\n
    Mar 22 09:26:07 xxcomputer ZimbraHelper: [assert] error: !err\n[assert] where: "ZimbraHelper_main.mm", "Sync", line: 2411\n\n
    Mar 22 09:28:11 xxcomputer ZimbraHelper: [Thu Mar 22 09:28:11 200] Caught exception while trying to sync calendars: name = NSInvalidArgumentException, reason = *** -[ZimbraClient copyWithZone:]: selector not recognized [self = 0x15ba0a0] (25093)\n
    I'll see if I can find anything in the zimbra connector logs.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rojs View Post
    I put in a support ticket but no one seems to want to touch it.
    Support staff do have a lot of work to do, they'll get round to your request as soon as they can.

However, if you really do have the same problem as the original poster (have you checked the Zimbra connector logs?) then wait a short while for the next release of the iSync connector. If there is information in the connector logs please attach it to your support case.
    Last edited by phoenix; 03-24-2007 at 01:39 AM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

sculi2000 is offline Contractor

Thanks for the log snippet. Although I can't reproduce the problem you're seeing, I think I might know what the problem is. Can you email me offline at scott dot herscher at zimbra dot com so I can give you something to test?

Thanks,

Scott

This bug has been identified and fixed. It was created as #14821 (http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14821). Thanks to Rojs who was instrumental in helping track this down.

mbd
    mbd is offline Senior Member

This bug has been identified and fixed. It was created as #14821 (http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14821). Thanks to Rojs who was instrumental in helping track this down.
    Is the fixed isync connector available to download?

koaxfrax is offline Junior Member

Default ZimbraHelper CPU hog

Lately my machine (macbok pro, 2.0 15in running sys 10.4.9) is hanging like mad ... when I go into Activity Viewer I see ZimbraHelper using upwards of 40% of the CPU and nearly all the ram ... I have to kill it to get anything done. I'm using isync connector 4.5.607 - any ideas of what is causing zimbrahelper to eat so many resources?

Quote Originally Posted by koaxfrax View Post
    Lately my machine (macbok pro, 2.0 15in running sys 10.4.9) is hanging like mad ... when I go into Activity Viewer I see ZimbraHelper using upwards of 40% of the CPU and nearly all the ram ... I have to kill it to get anything done. I'm using isync connector 4.5.607 - any ideas of what is causing zimbrahelper to eat so many resources?
    I think you should upgrade to the latest version of the iSync Connector. I believe this problem has been fixed in the latest version.

Thanks,

Scott

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information