Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After Lion upgrade (Mac OS X 10.7) my account get's duplicated over and over again

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by eike_reinel View Post
    Bad news:

The account duplication problem is NOT solved in ZIMBRA iSync 7.1.2 connector... I got the problem again...
    Read the bug report and the post above - it is fixed in ZCS 7.1.3 and unless you've miraculously obtained that version before it's been released you won't have the fix yet.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

ewilen is offline Moderator

Actually, the duplication issue is bug 62321, which is currently marked WORKSFORME.

What people need to do is open support cases and provide more data to the developers. The workaround, if you're faced with this bug and you have to use Lion, is to use CardDAV, but if you do then you need to be prepared for some quirks involving contact groups at the moment.

JpMaxMan is offline Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by ewilen View Post
    Actually, the duplication issue is bug 62321, which is currently marked WORKSFORME.

What people need to do is open support cases and provide more data to the developers. The workaround, if you're faced with this bug and you have to use Lion, is to use CardDAV, but if you do then you need to be prepared for some quirks involving contact groups at the moment.
    Just FYI - I am on Lion OSX 10.7.4 and just upgraded to Zimbra 7.2 installing the latest sync utility. I woke up this morning to thousands of duplicate entries and my ical program won't even respond. Looking for a way to clean up this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by JpMaxMan View Post
    Just FYI - I am on Lion OSX 10.7.4 and just upgraded to Zimbra 7.2 installing the latest sync utility. I woke up this morning to thousands of duplicate entries and my ical program won't even respond. Looking for a way to clean up this mess.
    Sorry I missed this until now.

Please vote for the bug. Also please submit a support request; these are not counted against your support request quota if they're for a bug.

But really, if you have Lion, I'd strongly suggest ditching iSync and setting up IMAP, CalDAV, and CardDAV manually.

yonatan is offline Special Member

Quote Originally Posted by ewilen View Post
    But really, if you have Lion, I'd strongly suggest....setting up IMAP, CalDAV, and CardDAV manually.
    ewilen,

Just curious, but couldn't you setup an exchange account instead of each service manually?

I currently only use IMAP (not CalDAV and/ or CardDAV), so if there's a reason such as compatibility or otherwise I'd like to know

Thanks.

No, currently Zimbra doesn't support Exchange accounts. Note: don't confuse "Exchange ActiveSync" as used by mobile devices with Exchange Web Services. See Bug 38631 - Enable snow leopard messaging features, Outlook for Mac 2011 for details.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information