Thread: iCal Alarming and other problems

D.K. is offline New Member

Default iCal Alarming and other problems

Hi,
    me an some work colleague have the same problem.

Wie Sync the calendar with iCal using CalDev. So the sync starts and I get every person who has a calendar in an arbitrary order (in Zimbra it is at least sorted by alphabet).

Well if you sort them in iCal, when it syncs again, the sorting is gone, thanks!

Then we keep receiving every alarm every person sets in zimbra, with 50+ people using it, very annoying. Well then I found out, you can disable it for every person (question: why is this not disabled as default?). So I did it 50 times, only to find out, that after a short while, everything was forgotten again... so basically there is no proper way to use the iCal integration right now.
    I dont know if it is a iCal problem or Zimbra or both, but is there a workaround? at least for not getting every alarm people set in Zimbra.

ow using Mac OS 10.6.6 and newest Zimbra Version

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by D.K. View Post
    ow using Mac OS 10.6.6 and newest Zimbra Version
    To get the exact version you should update your forum profile with the output of the following command (do not post the output in this thread):

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

OK, for the Version I have to ask the admin tomorrow, guess not 7 yet, last update was 2 weeks ago.

also some new things I just noticed: I just closed the notebook, then I cam back, iCal started, and reconnected to zimbra, he forgot all my settings again (I tick out people, not to see their appointments, well all ticked again), also the process speeds up to 80% cpu consumption and slows down the computer for like 5 minutes

our Zimbra Version is 6.0.10 Network Enterprise Edition

thanks

ewilen is offline Moderator

Then we keep receiving every alarm every person sets in zimbra, with 50+ people using it, very annoying. Well then I found out, you can disable it for every person (question: why is this not disabled as default?). So I did it 50 times, only to find out, that after a short while, everything was forgotten again... so basically there is no proper way to use the iCal integration right now.
    In my experience the option in iCal to "Ignore Alarms" (control-click on the calendar, Get Info) is retained, but I don't mount shared calendars very often. I certainly don't keep 50+ calendars mounted in ZWC.

What is not entirely clear to me is whether your calendars are simply mounted in ZWC and then synched down to iCal using CalDAV, or if you are using iCal delegation. In ZWC, Preferences > Calendar > General > Enable delegation for Apple iCal CalDAV client. Then in iCal, Preferences > Accounts > Delegation.

I cam back, iCal started, and reconnected to zimbra, he forgot all my settings again (I tick out people, not to see their appointments, well all ticked again), also the process speeds up to 80% cpu consumption and slows down the computer for like 5 minutes
    50 shares over CalDAV is a lot more than I have ever used. I can't say if it should be that big of a drain on resources, but the first thing I would try (aside from using the iCal delegation model) is mounting fewer shares and working up gradually.

Thread Information