Thread: [SOLVED] Mac OS X 10.6.3 update breaks some recurring event rendering

ewilen is offline Moderator

Default [SOLVED] Mac OS X 10.6.3 update breaks some recurring event rendering

Thought I would post this as a heads-up.

Bug 46009 - iCal4: Monthly xth day of week recurrence results in weekly recurrence

Apple - Support - Discussions - 10.6.3 iCal custom repeat meetings ...

I'm going to try and see if I can revert to an older version of iCal under 10.6.3, instead of forgoing the OS upgrade. If that does any good, I'll post again here.

This same bug is in Lightning, too, but it's been around for a while: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/isync-c...nts-wrong.html

Unhappy

Tested by copying iCal 4.0.1 (from 10.6.2) to a 10.6.3 install. But this didn't help, even after trying Clearing iCal cache and Clearing ALL of iCal at Ajcody-Apple-Mac-Issues - Zimbra :: Wiki

Looks like the next step will be to try an archive & install as described at Mac OS X: How to reinstall a prior version. Hopefully going down to 10.6.2 will solve the issue.

Re-installing 10.6 does indeed solve the issue. To do this, you need your Snow Leopard installation disk. Just insert it and run the installer again. The whole process takes about an hour. After that, you should install Mac OS X v10.6.2 Update (Combo). Finally you'll want to run whatever updates are recommended by Software Update except the 10.6.3 update. This may require several iterations of running Software Update and restarting your Mac.

If you've got several Macs to worry about, it's a good idea to try to download the necessary updates from Apple - Support - Downloads to a repository instead of using Software Update to download them. (A few aren't available for manual download, though.) This will save you time & bandwidth.

Assuming you've got everything downloaded that you need, these updates will take about 30 minutes.

When done, turn off CalDAV sync in the Zimbra Control Panel (if you have it configured there) and launch iCal to double-check that the CalDAV account is indeed deleted. Then reconfigure the CalDAV account either manually or via the Control Panel.

Some events may have been re-synced back to Zimbra after being rendered incorrectly in iCal. Those you'll have to delete and re-create.

Thumbs up

Mac OS 10.6.4 (released yesterday) fixes the problem. I downloaded the combo update so that I could apply it to multiple machines running any version of Snow Leopard without re-downloading each time.

Thread Information