Thread: isync6.0.5 and AddressBookManager using 9GB RAM

melliott is offline Starter Member

Default isync6.0.5 and AddressBookManager using 9GB RAM

I instaled the latest isync connector 6.0.5GA2169 on Mac OS X 10.6.2 10C540. Within 1 hour my system had ground to a near standstill. Looking at the running processes I discovered AddressBookManager was consuming 9.6GB of memory. I killed it and the system recovered. About 30 minutes later the system started to act sluggish. I check and AddressBookManager was back consuming 3.3GB of RAM. This behavior persists across reboots. Has anyone seen anything similar?

Rodi is offline Zimbra Employee

Hi melliott,
    Can you please give us more information:
    Did you sync your address book with ZCS?
    Was there any problem in the sync?
    How many contacts do you have in your address book (ZCS and mac)?
    Do you use extensively groups on either side?

Thanks

melliott is offline Starter Member

I ran the System Preferences pref pane after installing the iSync connector. I entered in my user name and password. I didn't have AddressBook syncing turned on. It then notified me it was modifing the "Me" card. (BTW, this completely screws up a ton of other functions on my Mac) I then closed it after verifying that nothing was set to sync using the connector. I checked my iCal calendars and everything looked good. I launched AddressBook to verify how big a mess the "Me" card changes had created. I then added the missing information my "Me" card.

About an hour later my system was unusable. I have 9 groups in my address book with between 0 and 10 members in each group. I have 667 entries in my address book. I haven't created any groups on my Zimbra server.

Rodi is offline Zimbra Employee

Thanks for the information
    I opened bug 44726 for your case. feel free to CC yourself on it in order to receive updates.

Bug 44726 – Installing iSync causes AddressBookManager to use 9.6GB in snow-leopard

Thread Information