Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Client changes with Snow Leopard?

pcharles is offline Junior Member

Default ZD Does work. iCal - ???

Quote Originally Posted by robsee View Post
    It looks like Snow Leopard only includes Java 6. Zimbra Desktop only supports Java 5.
    Zimbra Desktop works with 10.6. You just need to go in to JAVA prefs and set 32 bit to be priority over 64 bit.

I'm actually having more trouble with iCal.

iway is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

What iCal problems? Zimbra told me that all products will work with Snow Leopard without problems...

pcharles is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by iway View Post
    What iCal problems? Zimbra told me that all products will work with Snow Leopard without problems...
    I am having problems with both 10.5 and 10.6. I'd like to hear from Zimbra because I have not heard from our Campus people. I just send a second email to the campus support, so we will see.

tealium.mike is offline Starter Member

Default iCal / CalDav Problems

I am definitely having problems with iCal on Snow Leopard. I had them in the beta releases of SL as well. I believe I am on .16 of Zimbra.

With iCal, I continue to get a ton of messages in the console

CaliTIPMessage: iTIP Message contained no events

I am not able to update the calendar events to a different calendar for example. When I do, it seems like iCal just goes through an automatic revert to server event.

Also notifications stopped working in iCal quite some time ago both in Leopard and Snow Leopard.

I tried using the Exchange 2007 settings for connecting, but can't find any confirmation from anyone getting the settings right, and the only advice I see says I have to use CalDav.

ewilen is offline Moderator

I think I may have seen that console alert about message contained no events, and I'm on 10.5.8 & Zimbra 5.0.18.

Have you tried deleting your CalDAV settings in iCal and recreating?

See also http://www.zimbra.com/forums/isync-c...w-leopard.html

In a nutshell: others are having similar problems, but Snow Leopard Mail/iCal is working for me and at least one other poster on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by tealium.mike View Post
    With iCal, I continue to get a ton of messages in the console

CaliTIPMessage: iTIP Message contained no events
    I'm not sure this is related to your problem but accompanying this error, I was also getting
    8/31/09 1:23:48 PM iCal[49651] CalDAVMultiGetOperation not a server error, but bad data.
    href (null)
    etag (null)
    dataDescription (null)
    8/31/09 1:23:48 PM iCal[49651] CalDAVMultiGetOperation we have an error for href HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found : /dav/ewilen@mprinc.com/Inbox/25767.ics
    8/31/09 1:23:48 PM iCal[49651] CalDAVMultiGetOperation not a server error, but bad data.
    href (null)
    etag (null)
    dataDescription (null)
    8/31/09 1:23:48 PM iCal[49651] CalDAVMultiGetOperation we have an error for href HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found : /dav/ewilen@mprinc.com/Inbox/42568.ics
    So I used the Connect to Server command in Finder and went to https://zimbra.mprinc.com/dav/<my_email_address>/. At the authentication prompt I entered my email address and password. This gave me my folders in Zimbra via WebDAV and I opened Inbox, where I found two "phantom" ics files. The weird thing about them is that if I single-clicked on either one, it would disappear, only to reappear after closing the Inbox and reopening it. If I tried to open or copy the files, they appeared to have no content.

What I ended up doing is going back to Mail, where I created a Smart Mailbox with rule "Any Attachment Name Contains ics". Then I deleted all those messages as they were just meeting proposals/replies that I didn't need. After I emptied the trash I quit/relaunched iCal and Mail, and so far the Console messages haven't reappeared. The phantom .ics files are also permanently gone from the WebDAV folders.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information