Thread: "sent on behalf of" defaults to the top-most alias (in web) when u accept invite?

gettyless is offline Loyal Member

Default "sent on behalf of" defaults to the top-most alias (in web) when u accept invite?

I'm not sure if this is a new or existing/identified problem. I did some brief searching for it on the forums so I figure I'll post a new thread.

I recently upgraded to 5.0.18 NE - haven't seen any problems except this -- user accepts invitation via iCal but the "reply to" mail header is from the user's alias and not his mail email address.

The user has 5 aliases -- if I reconfigure the top top-most one as a Distribution List, then iCal will use the next alias. And so on down the line. In between each test, I blow away the iCal profile/account each time.

In the end, I just recreated his aliases as Distribution Lists. Anyone else have/seen this problem/quirk?

ewilen is offline Moderator

I've seen something similar when sending an invite.

See http://www.zimbra.com/forums/isync-c...underbird.html

In my case, though, it's happening not only with iCal on Mac but also with Calendar on iPhone (using ActiveSync).

If we can come up with some consistent repro steps we should file a bugzilla report.

gettyless is offline Loyal Member

ewilen - thanks for getting the ball rolling on this with the bugzilla entry and finding the other forum posts.

If you ask me this should be prominently noted somewhere since it's the Managers and Executives that care the most about their calendars working 100%. Looks like I'm going to have to go through my list of "people who do a lot of meetings" and yank their aliases out and into distribution lists.

Thread Information