Thread: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Force iSync via SOAP

link915 is offline Intermediate Member

Default Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Force iSync via SOAP

After banging my head against a wall trying to make iCal work well with CalDav I am ready to give up. As is fairly well documented in these forums and Apple's iCal does not work well with the combination of local calendars and CalDav calendars. One cannot easily accept an invite to a CalDav calendar if they have a local calendar, cannot easily move that accepted invite...and more.

With that said I am trying to figure out a way to force the Zimbra Connector to use iSync via SOAP for my calendars instead of CalDav. At least I would have local calendars and could wait until iCal is "fixed" before moving further down the CalDav path.

I see some plist files and nib files that have the word caldav in them. The binary files in the Zimbra directory under the prefs pane folder also seem to have this string in it. What do I need to change or download or whatever to get iSync working without CalDav? Thanks.

Tom

ewilen is offline Moderator

When you install the iSync connector, don't you have the option (via the Settings Panel of Mac OS) NOT to set up a CalDAV account? See p. 3 of the Zimbra iSync manual.

link915 is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ewilen View Post
    When you install the iSync connector, don't you have the option (via the Settings Panel of Mac OS) NOT to set up a CalDAV account? See p. 3 of the Zimbra iSync manual.
    One does have this option but it does not force a sync via SOAP. It just does not setup the CALDAV accounts within iCal.

ewilen is offline Moderator

In that case, how does Zimbra iSync work with 10.4 Tiger?

Case a) It uses SOAP — but they completely disable that if you're on Leopard.

Case b) It uses CalDAV (or WebDAV?) as the transport but doesn't create a CalDAV account in iCal 2 (obviously). And again this is completely disabled when you have CalDAV 3....?

I may be mistaken but I think that whatever method is used in Tiger is still available in Leopard. My reason for believing this is that there are a number of messages on the forum from people who, on switching to iCal 3/CalDAV, still have their iSync going, resulting in duplicated calendars.
    Last edited by ewilen; 02-10-2009 at 02:41 PM.

Thread Information