Thread: Experience These CalDav Issues?

glassman is offline Active Member

Question Experience These CalDav Issues?

As I am trying to find a viable solution for an exec who manages other people's calendars, I've come across at least 2 issues using CalDav and it's incorporation into Zimbra one 1 test users calendar. I am running 5.0.8. and on Mac OS 10.5 Leopard.

1. If I'm on a Mac running Leopard, and I change the reminder of an existing appointment within iCal (it is using CalDav), the web client entry of this same appointment will change the reminder time as well. The issue is that the Web Client entry will not pop up a reminder, but the iCal entry will.

2. The other issue I've noticed is that in iCal I can't use find a location to actually reserve a conference room or set the location correctly in a Calendar Entry. It doesn't register on the web client entry as having reserved a location for a meeting.

Rich Graves is offline Outstanding Member

Quote Originally Posted by glassman View Post
    1. If I'm on a Mac running Leopard, and I change the reminder of an existing appointment within iCal (it is using CalDav), the web client entry of this same appointment will change the reminder time as well. The issue is that the Web Client entry will not pop up a reminder, but the iCal entry will.
    This is a little garbled... which behavior do you believe is "correct"?

Outlook and ZWC will not show popup reminders for calendars that you don't own. Given that this is the way that Exchange works, people may consider it "correct."

I have users complaining that iCal *does* show reminders for appointments in other people's shared calendars. Is your complaint precisely the opposite?

So in my test case User A creates an event in ZWC for himself and of course it shows up in iCal. The reminder is set to pop up 15 mins before the event start date. The reminder pops up at correct time in ZWC and for iCal. Now User A hits the red X on the ZWC reminder box and also closes the iCal pop up reminder. User A then goes into iCal and double clicks on the event and clicks edit and changes the reminder time for 5 minutes before the event is suppose to start.

In this event, one of two things happens..

1. The iCal pop up reminder will display at the correct time, but the web client reminder will not.

2. The iCal shows some sort of HTTP/1.1 409 Request Error (still haven't gotten a hold of what exactly causes that).

I know when sharing calendars the 2nd instance occurs when I've closed the ZWC web reminder (for an event I own) and then try to set the snooze (looks like a roll back arrow) on the iCal reminder pop up.

I hope that is a bit more clear. I should state that those 2 instances occur if I'm not sharing, BUT was just stating that for the record I can produce the HTTP error knowingly when I am trying to share between a User A and B.

Thanks again.

Default Another Interesting Bug/Issue

Let's say User B shares their calendar with User A via the ZWC and give them Admin rights. Now lets say User B later revokes those rights via the ZWC. On User A's computer neither the iCal nor the ZWC instance of the shared calendar disappears until the instance is deleted by User A in their ZWC.

Thread Information