Thread: Windows Mobile Calendar and iCal

playnada is offline Active Member

Default Windows Mobile Calendar and iCal

I have a user that has a Windows Mobile device that is connected to our Zimbra server via the Zimbra Mobile connector, and a Mac using iCal that is connected to Zimbra using the iSync Connector.

When he inputs a new appointment on his Mobile device it shows up on his iCal after syncing with a time that 7 hours off, I cannot figure it out. We have turned on time zone support in iCal and it does not change anything. If he inputs an appointment in directly in iCal it syncs with the correct time to the mobile device.

We have seen a similar problem with other users that when receiving meeting invites from Outlook users and they drag the invite from Apple Mail to iCal it gives them a time that is 7 hours off as well. Is this somehow related and is there a solution?

Thanks

-Justin

It appears that this problem is more widespread than just this one user and is not limited to Windows Mobile devices. In fact the symptoms look just like the ones outlined in bug 22808.

I have users on Mac OS 10.5.4 sending meeting invites to Windows users and they are showing up an hour later than was scheduled. Ical and Zimbra (NE 5.0.6) do not appear to be using the same timezone for the Phoenix, AZ timezone.

Any ideas?

-Justin

Ok some more info. It appears that if a user creates an iCal invitation it shows on their Zimbra Webclient Calendar at the correct time, but the recipient shows it an hour off on their Webclient Calender. The invite is sent with a timezone of "America/Phoenix" and Zimbra shows it in "U.S. Mountain Time (Arizona)".

I also noticed that if you go into the event on the sender's Webclient Calendar and click the timezone dropdown you are shown two different entries for "U.S. Mountain Time (Arizona)". I am not sure if this is related or matters, but I attached a screenshot of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information