Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you configure isync and Entourage 2008?

daman is offline Starter Member

Default How do you configure isync and Entourage 2008?

I'm sorry to have to post this as the answer is probably out there somewhere, but I've been banging my head on this problem for far too many days now. I haven't been able to find instructions anywhere, and I give up.

We have ZCS 5.05 and I'm running the 5.05 isync connector. (version 5.0.2201). Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Entourage 2008.

I initially got Entourage working with isync, and Entourage sync services were enabled, the Entourage integration was enabled in the isync connector, the entourage ical calendar was created and it was sorta working for the most part, but the zimbra helper and sync services processes were running wild on the computer, spiking 100% CPU and basically making the computer unusable.

Then I discovered that it was better to do calendar syncing with calDAV instead, and so I went back into the connector and set up caldav, and it did everything in ical and I can see everything there and that's great, and Entourage integration is enabled, but what am I supposed to do now? Am I supposed to turn sync services back on in Entourage? That doesn't strike me as making any sense, as that will then create a new calendar in ical that won't actually be pulling any data from the server, right?

Is there a step-by-step guide on setting up Entourage, Leopard, isync and everything else to make this all work correctly? Or is there anyone out there that can explain it to me? I'd really love to be able to use Entourage, but this whole process is confusing the living hell out of me.

Thank you!

-Dave

bhopkins is offline Member

I have a customer who would like to know how to do this also.

mwarne is offline Starter Member

My boss would also like to know!

He's just come over from the 'dark side' and getting this working is an absolute necessity.

BTW, we are running 5.0.6 and have the very latest version of the iSync connector installed
    Last edited by mwarne; 06-20-2008 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Add detail about Zimbra version

tkiblin is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by mwarne View Post
    My boss would also like to know!

He's just come over from the 'dark side' and getting this working is an absolute necessity.

BTW, we are running 5.0.6 and have the very latest version of the iSync connector installed
    Anyone have any luck with this yet?

Tom

silbro is offline Active Member

I would also be very interested in how to do this. It would help me a lot I'm already stuck with isync when trying to select that i want entourage intergration. So far all I understood from the documentation is that the calendar in entourage needs to be named Entourage and the one it will sync to online is the default calendar named Calendar. But If I can't even select the Entourage sync option how will I be able to do this ? What exactly am I even missing to be able to select the option ? Thank you also in advance!

sincerely,
    Silvio

phingers is offline Special Member

I have about 10 people that are all using this same setup, and need to know how to do this.

They have the isync connector installed, but the option for entourage integration is greyed out.

Any thoughts on this? Has anyone figure it out?

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

if the entourage intergation is greyed out it means there is no folder named entourage in iCal.

entourage integration sync's the folder named 'entourage' with the default calendar in entourage. this wont work with CalDAV because iCal creates a new calendar folder tree for the calDav account.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

phingers is offline Special Member

Sam - thanks for pointing us in the right direction. It still isn't quite working yet. We have 5 calendars listed.

Calendars
    Home
    Work
    Entourage: which is created by Entourage

user.name@domain.com
    Calendar

Subscriptions
    Birthdays

The domain.com calendar is the one that is syncing with my iphone but it does not sync with entourage

There must be a setting we're missing here.

Entourage is still grayed out in the settings as well. Any other thoughts?

iway is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

We can't get it working either.

Please, somebody tell us how to sync Entourage contacts and calendar with the server!!!!

Thanks

Chris

iway is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

Still waiting!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information