Thread: Mail.app sync issue

Mike Oliveri is offline Active Member

Default Mail.app sync issue

We're rolling out our first Macs at our school, and each of our elementary teachers will be carrying MacBooks. We don't have Entourage, so we're looking at setting up Mac's Mail.app instead. A few users still have Outlook on a PC, however, and we have one odd problem. I'm testing this issue on Leopard 10.5.3.

We've set up Mail with an IMAP connection to our Zimbra server. I also set up the trash and sent folders per the Wiki instructions, and in the Mailbox Preferences I've checked "Move deleted messages to the Trash mailbox" and I've UNchecked "Store deleted messages on the server" (I've actually tried this both checked and unchecked and get the same behavior).

If I delete a message in Mail, then log in to the Zimbra web client, the messages are gone. When I exit Mail, it empties the Trash as it's meant to.

However, if I open Outlook (2003) on a PC, it downloads all of the messages I've deleted. They are displayed as read, but they're still in the Inbox. Syncing between Outlook and the Zimbra web client works fine; if I delete a message on the web client or vice versa, the messages are gone. If I delete a message in Outlook or the web client, they don't appear in Mail.app.

It's only deleting in Mail.app that results in messages still appearing in Outlook. Has anyone else run into this and is there a resolution?

Thanks,
    Mike

Mike Oliveri is offline Active Member

Updated version info in my profile -- I'm actually using Zimbra Release 4.5.10_GA_1575.UBUNTU6 Network Edition if this makes a difference.
    Last edited by Mike Oliveri; 05-30-2008 at 09:24 AM.

Thread Information