Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iSync Connector installs, but will not appear in preferences...

mkoistinen is offline New Member

Default iSync Connector installs, but will not appear in preferences...

Hi,

Installing 4.5.10 on Mac OS X 10.5.1

It installs fine and even opens the preferences for me. However, there's no Zimbra PrefPane.

I've checked using terminal and there IS file /Library/PreferencePanes/Zimbra.prefPane.

As myself, when I double click this file, again, it opens the Preferences, but there's no Zimbra PrefPane shown.

Am I unique in this experience? Any known solutions?

dpmchris is offline Special Member

Default Tests okay on 5 RC2

I have the iSync connector running on updated Leopard on a MacBook, it is running against the Zimbra hosted demo.

The pref pane and the sync function just fine both ways and the calendars and contacts I am syncing are very messy as a torture test, so I am wondering what is happening on your machine. Have you tried it under a fresh account? Does the account have admin privileges? My test unit does have admin privs.

I can tell you from my side that it is working under Leopard, under basic testing.

Chris

mkoistinen is offline New Member

Default Thanks!

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response. My admin hooked me up with the iSync Connector 5.0 beta, and it seems to have worked. The PrefPane now appears as it should do in the Preferences window and I can open it and use it as normal.

Thanks!

bradn is offline Junior Member

Default 4.5 prefpane not showing up in 10.5.1

exactly as described above, version 4.5.607 (4.5.0 GA) of the connector. bit flaky with 10.5.1 leopard. no icon in system preferences, package exists in /Library/PreferencePanes

managed to remove and reinstall a few times. icon is now showing up after 3rd attempt.

Workaround: delete zimbra-isync from /Library/Receipts. reinstall. if the prefpane comes up at the end of install you're good. If not delete it from /Library/Preference Panes and the package receipt from /Library/Receipts, then try installing again. Like I said it worked for me the 3rd time.

note I'm using 4.5 isync connector b/c unfortunately for me there are no more network edition PPC builds after 5.0 RC1, so I can't use the newer connector b/c authentication doesn't work (need RC2). I'm running 5.0 RC1 PPC.
    Last edited by bradn; 01-02-2008 at 10:03 AM.

toddross is offline Junior Member

Default Same problem

I'm trying to install zimbra-isync-4.5.10_GA_1571.MACOSX_UB on Tiger (10.4.11), and I cannot get the preference pane to appear. Each time I try to install it, I'm told the preference pane already exists. I've looked for the prefpane file in all libraries both through Finder and Terminal. Only once did the file actually appear in the PreferencePanes folder in /Library, but the icon didn't appear.

I've deleted the receipt for the .pkg file after each failed attempt. I've restarted three times now and run the installer at least a dozen times. I've tried deleting the receipt both before and after restarting.

I'm at my wit's end.

sculi2000 is offline Contractor

Hey there. There was a problem with the packager, but it can be fixed manually.

- Edit the file /Library/PreferencePanes/Zimbra.prefPane/Contents/Info.plist
    - Look for a key called CFBundleIdentifier.
    - Change the value of CFBundleIdentifier to com.zimbra.prefpanel.

That should fix the problem.

Take care,

Scott

It's com.zimbra.prefpanel without the trailing dot.

Thanks,

Scott

Default File doesn't exist

Thanks for the speedy reply, but it doesn't quite apply in my situation. No matter how many times I install the .pkg, the prefpane file doesn't appear in that directory. I'm told repeatedly that the preference pane already exists (and if I want to overwrite it), but the file doesn't appear. I've looked using Finder and Terminal.

I've tried installing this more than 20 times now (and rebooted three times), and the prefpane file only appeared once immediately after a reboot. This was during my fifth or sixth attempt. It hasn't shown up since.
    Last edited by toddross; 01-17-2008 at 05:06 PM.

Default You're gonna love this

Hitting "CANCEL" when prompted that the preference pane already exists (and if I want to overwrite it) will make the file appear in the PreferencePanes folder.

So how do I got about editing a prefpane file?

ANSWER: Click "Show Package Contents" from the contextual menu.

The preference pane looks like a file but it's actually a bundle (which is basically a folder with many files inside of it). Inside the bundle there is a file called Info.plist. That is the file that needs to be edited.

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information