Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: ZCS 3.0 Milestone 2 Released

  1. #11
    agnOstos is offline Loyal Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    All the Open Source Edition release are M2. We plan to update this page with mre info and also have a history of past builds.


    Use the 2nd link in this post for the Network. Network is ONLY available on Red Hat EL4. It also requires that you register and get the link via e-mail.
    Not really happy about this. Can it be installed on RHEL ES Basic Edition?

  2. #12
    KevinH's Avatar
    KevinH is offline Expert Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    4,789
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agnOstos
    Not really happy about this. Can it be installed on RHEL ES Basic Edition?
    Sorry, we've not tested on that version. For your best bet you should go with EL.

  3. #13
    rsharpe is offline Elite Member & Volunteer
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    London, ON
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    M2 is freakin' awesome!

  4. #14
    goetzi is offline Project Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Should the Network Edition run on CentOS 4.2?

  5. #15
    KevinH's Avatar
    KevinH is offline Expert Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    4,789
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goetzi
    Should the Network Edition run on CentOS 4.2?
    It's not something we test on or plan to officially support. Since we've never tried we don't know.

  6. #16
    goetzi is offline Project Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    It's not something we test on or plan to officially support. Since we've never tried we don't know.
    Ok. I will try it this evening on a test box. I will tell you my experiences.

  7. #17
    andreychek is offline Special Member & Volunteer
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goetzi
    Should the Network Edition run on CentOS 4.2?
    I just tried the Network Edition on CentOS 4.2. It works like a champ, except for one oddity (which may or may not have anything to do with CentOS).

    When I go to the url:

    http://mydomain.com/zimbra/mail

    It ends up dropping the "/mail", and goes into an infinite redirect loop.

    However, if I add a parameter to the end of the url (any parameter... I started with "?debug=1", but later tried "?foo=1", it doesn't chop off the end of the url, and ends up working fine.

    On another note, the Zimbra folks said earlier in this thread that the Network Edition needs to run on the EL version of RedHat, that running it on "ES Basic" was untested. I'm not all that familar with the RedHat Enterprise software versions, but from what I can tell, "EL", or Enterprise Linux, is a generic term that could refer to "AS" (Advanced Server) or "ES" (Enterprise Server). Both are pay "Enterprise" products (whatever "Enterprise" means, I choose to think of Captain Kirk).

    Further, the "Basic" seems to only refer to the support package it comes with, it's still RHEL. But, I could easily be mistaken on that :-)

    So, trying to cut through the confusion of the names of these varying products, does Zimbra support RHEL generically, meaning both ES and AS? Or are you saying you only support AS?
    -Eric

  8. #18
    KevinH's Avatar
    KevinH is offline Expert Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    4,789
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andreychek
    On another note, the Zimbra folks said earlier in this thread that the Network Edition needs to run on the EL version of RedHat, that running it on "ES Basic" was untested. I'm not all that familar with the RedHat Enterprise software versions, but from what I can tell, "EL", or Enterprise Linux, is a generic term that could refer to "AS" (Advanced Server) or "ES" (Enterprise Server). Both are pay "Enterprise" products (whatever "Enterprise" means, I choose to think of Captain Kirk).

    Further, the "Basic" seems to only refer to the support package it comes with, it's still RHEL. But, I could easily be mistaken on that :-)

    So, trying to cut through the confusion of the names of these varying products, does Zimbra support RHEL generically, meaning both ES and AS? Or are you saying you only support AS?
    -Eric
    Thanks Eric. We test on AS today. However like you said it should work on ES, and the support package shouldn't matter.

  9. #19
    alohrer is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    9

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    Current price is $28 per user per year. This includes all the Network features and support. Please contact sales ~at~ zimbra.com for more deails or if oyu have questions.
    So for 10 users I would only pay $280 one time a year? Just confirming. If this is the case, I'm going to definitely push for this server at the school I work at. This is a great product and I commend all of your hard work on it.


  10. #20
    Andy from Zimbra's Avatar
    Andy from Zimbra is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alohrer
    So for 10 users I would only pay $280 one time a year? Just confirming. If this is the case, I'm going to definitely push for this server at the school I work at. This is a great product and I commend all of your hard work on it.

    That's a good question....For our Network Edition, we're currently working through how we might support small numbers of users (10 users, 20 users, etc.), or what minimum-purchase levels might be required. This is not currently decided, but (frankly) we know it can be something of a challenge for us to provide support for the smallest-sized customers, and not lose money doing it. One option we know will be available in the future is Zimbra partners who will provide hosted service for customers, large and small....In any case, more news soon on our licensing structure for Network Edition, including any minimum-purchase levels that might be necessary.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble Sending mail - All Messages deferred!
    By SiteDiscovery in forum Administrators
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 04:52 AM
  2. ZCS 3.0 Milestone 3(aka Beta 3) Released
    By KevinH in forum Announcements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-18-2006, 01:36 PM
  3. French translation ZCS 3.0 Milestone 2
    By smarz in forum I18N/L10N - Translations
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-05-2006, 09:46 AM
  4. ZCS 3.0 Milestone 2 Language Files
    By KevinH in forum I18N/L10N - Translations
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2005, 11:17 PM
  5. ZCS 3.0 Milestone 1 Released
    By KevinH in forum Announcements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-06-2005, 01:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •