Zimbra Collaboration Suite 7.0 Alpha Release Available Now!
Today, we are excited to announce the availability of Zimbra Collaboration Suite 7.0 "Helix" as an Alpha release! For those not familiar, an Alpha release is an even earlier preview version than a Beta release. So this is the first chance to get your hands on ZCS 7.0 and your opportunity to help shape the product direction.
Zimbra has spent a lot of time planning the feature set for our flagship product. With this release, we are focusing on how to make it easier for End Users to manage their emails & schedules, and enabling Administrators to optimize their infrastructure by taking advantage of virtualization. Some of the planned features include:
- Ability to "undo" email operations
- Conveniently located People Search makes it easy to search the GAL
- Re-designed calendar screens to make it easier than ever to create appointments and meetings
- A Scheduling Wizard to help with finding a meeting date + time
- Forward Contacts as vCard
- Improved Signature controls
- Core component updates and taking advantage of the VMware vSphere "heartbeat" Health Monitor
- Plus, we are making a few zimlets (like WebEx, Email Attacher and Search Highlighter) core features of the product.
Overall, we are planning over 180+ enhancements. You can see the complete list on the Zimbra Product Management Portal.
You can download ZCS 7.0 Alpha today at our website:
Open Source Edition Downloads: Enterprise Messaging and Collaboration Software by Zimbra
Note: This Alpha release is not supported and not for production use. And since this is a very early access build of ZCS 7.0, you might find some incomplete features or a bit of instability.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to try the Alpha and for your perseverance & understanding. Please provide any feedback or if you run into any issues in the Zimbra Forums. Your feedback will enable us to quickly improve Zimbra Collaboration Suite 7.0!