Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mac Intel Support

gjnieuwenhuis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    It get the name from LDAP. To change it use zmsetservername.
    Hi Kevin,

Should this reside in the bin directory? Because I unable to find
    zmsetservername.

Kind regards,
    GJ.

Edit: Ok, I've located it in /opt/zimbra/libexec. Ran the script but now the only service that wil start is LDAP??? Any clue on what is going wrong?

Edit2: I managed to get all services running again by setting the name back to localhost.localdomain and running an update of Zimbra.
    Last edited by gjnieuwenhuis; 03-31-2006 at 01:34 AM.

demtracker is offline Member

As always please let us know if you run into any problems or have any feedback.
    Hi there! Last night I took a brand new Intel mac Mini out of its box, updated it to 10.4.6 and made sure my CurrentJDK pointed to 1.5.0. Then I installed Zimbra. The install was fairly painless, and I've set up 5 domains and about 40 users now to test with.

I'm completely new to Zimbra, so this might be easy to troubleshoot, but antispam and antivirus did not start up when I launched Zimbra. When I run 'zmcontrol status' I get the following:

Code:
            antispam                Stopped
                    zmamavisdctl is not running
            antivirus               Stopped
                    zmamavisdctl is not running
            ldap                    Running
            logger                  Running
            mailbox                 Running
            mta                     Running
            snmp                    Running
            spell                   Running
    Any suggestions?

KevinH is offline Expert Member

What is you just try to start those services? zmcontrol start antivirus , etc.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

What is you just try to start those services? zmcontrol start antivirus , etc.
    Ahh, I wasn't sure how to do that. It looks like when I run the command 'zmcontrol start antivirus' it attempts to start all of the services again. Postfix fails (I assume because it's already running) and afterwards, running 'zmcontrol status' results in the same stopped messages as before for antispam and antivirus. The interesting part is that it looks like spam and virus start up when running the start command:

Code:
    mail:~ zimbra$ zmcontrol start antivirus
    Host mail.demtracker.com
            Starting antispam...Done.
            Starting antivirus...Done.
            Starting logger...Done.
            Starting mailbox...Done.
            Starting mta...FAILED

KevinH is offline Expert Member

What does ps -ef | grpe zimbra return?
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

bobby is offline Zimbra Employee

> It looks like when I run the command 'zmcontrol start antivirus' it attempts to start all of the services again.
    yeah try "zmamavisdctl start" instead.

>The interesting part is that it looks like spam and virus start up when running the start command
    the "...Done." just means it's done trying to start

Quote Originally Posted by bobby
    yeah try "zmamavisdctl start" instead.
    the "...Done." just means it's done trying to start
    Bobby, Thanks for the help....here's what I get:

Code:
    mail:~ zimbra$ zmamavisdctl start
    mount: /opt/zimbra/amavisd-new-2.3.3/tmp: unknown special file or file system.

What does ps -ef | grpe zimbra return?
    Code:
    ps: illegal option -- f
    Here's the output with -w instead:

Code:
    mail:~ zimbra$ ps -ew | grep zimbra
     1200  p1- S      0:00.03 /bin/sh /opt/zimbra/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --defaults-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf --ledir=/opt/zimbra/mysql/bin ldap_connect_timeout=10000 JAVA_JVM_VERSION=1.5 zimbra_user=zimbra lda
     1233  p1- S      0:25.10 /opt/zimbra/mysql/bin/mysqld --defaults-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf --basedir=/opt/zimbra/mysql --datadir=/opt/zimbra/db/data --user=mysql --pid-file=/opt/zimbra/db/mysql.pid --port
     1309  p1- S      0:00.02 /bin/sh /opt/zimbra/logger/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --defaults-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/my.logger.cnf --ledir=/opt/zimbra/logger/mysql/bin ldap_connect_timeout=10000 JAVA_JVM_VERSION=1.5 z
     1342  p1- S      0:25.60 /opt/zimbra/logger/mysql/bin/mysqld --defaults-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/my.logger.cnf --basedir=/opt/zimbra/logger/mysql --datadir=/opt/zimbra/logger/db/data --user=mysql --pid-file=/op
     1526  p1- S      0:21.60 /usr/bin/perl /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmmtaconfig ldap_connect_timeout=10000 zimbra_user=zimbra JAVA_JVM_VERSION=1.5 postfix_header_checks=pcre:/opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_header_checks lda
     1783  p1- S      0:00.12 /usr/bin/perl /opt/zimbra/libexec/logswatch --config-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/logswatchrc --script-dir=/tmp -t /var/log/zimbra.log ldap_connect_timeout=10000 zimbra_user=zimbra JAVA_JVM
     1828  p1- S      0:00.61 /usr/bin/perl /tmp/.swatch_script.1783 ldap_connect_timeout=10000 zimbra_user=zimbra JAVA_JVM_VERSION=1.5 postfix_header_checks=pcre:/opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_header_checks ldap_is_ma
     1845  p1- S      0:00.07 /opt/zimbra/java/bin/tail -n 0 -f /var/log/zimbra.log ldap_connect_timeout=10000 zimbra_user=zimbra JAVA_JVM_VERSION=1.5 postfix_header_checks=pcre:/opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_header_ch
     1848  p1- S      0:01.32 /usr/bin/perl /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmlogger ldap_connect_timeout=10000 zimbra_user=zimbra JAVA_JVM_VERSION=1.5 postfix_header_checks=pcre:/opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_header_checks ldap_i
     2198  p1- S      0:00.12 /usr/bin/perl /opt/zimbra/libexec/swatch --config-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/swatchrc --script-dir=/tmp -t /var/log/zimbra.log ldap_connect_timeout=10000 JAVA_JVM_VERSION=1.5 zimbra_user=
     2206  p1- S      0:00.50 /usr/bin/perl /tmp/.swatch_script.2198 ldap_connect_timeout=10000 JAVA_JVM_VERSION=1.5 zimbra_user=zimbra ldap_is_master=true postfix_header_checks=pcre:/opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_head
     2208  p1- S      0:00.06 /opt/zimbra/java/bin/tail -n 0 -f /var/log/zimbra.log ldap_connect_timeout=10000 JAVA_JVM_VERSION=1.5 zimbra_user=zimbra ldap_is_master=true postfix_header_checks=pcre:/opt/zimbra/co
    14629  p1  S+     0:00.01 -su TERM=xterm-color USER=zimbra HOME=/opt/zimbra SHELL=/bin/bash
     5475  p2  R+     0:00.00 grep zimbra JAVA_JVM_VERSION=1.5 SHELL=/bin/bash TERM=xterm-color PERL5LIB=/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib:/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi:/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i486-
    22669  p2  S      0:00.04 -su TERM=xterm-color USER=zimbra HOME=/opt/zimbra SHELL=/bin/bash
    22886  p2  S      0:00.11 /usr/bin/perl /opt/zimbra/libexec/logswatch --config-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/logswatchrc --script-dir=/tmp -t /var/log/zimbra.log ldap_connect_timeout=10000 zimbra_user=zimbra JAVA_JVM
    22933  p2  S      0:00.25 /usr/bin/perl /tmp/.swatch_script.22886 ldap_connect_timeout=10000 zimbra_user=zimbra JAVA_JVM_VERSION=1.5 postfix_header_checks=pcre:/opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_header_checks ldap_is_m
    22935  p2  S      0:00.01 /opt/zimbra/java/bin/tail -n 0 -f /var/log/zimbra.log ldap_connect_timeout=10000 zimbra_user=zimbra JAVA_JVM_VERSION=1.5 postfix_header_checks=pcre:/opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_header_ch
    22936  p2  S      0:00.27 /usr/bin/perl /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmlogger ldap_connect_timeout=10000 zimbra_user=zimbra JAVA_JVM_VERSION=1.5 postfix_header_checks=pcre:/opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_header_checks ldap_i
    23343  p2  S      0:00.11 /usr/bin/perl /opt/zimbra/libexec/swatch --config-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/swatchrc --script-dir=/tmp -t /var/log/zimbra.log ldap_connect_timeout=10000 JAVA_JVM_VERSION=1.5 zimbra_user=
    23351  p2  S      0:00.23 /usr/bin/perl /tmp/.swatch_script.23343 ldap_connect_timeout=10000 JAVA_JVM_VERSION=1.5 zimbra_user=zimbra ldap_is_master=true postfix_header_checks=pcre:/opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_hea
    23353  p2  S      0:00.02 /opt/zimbra/java/bin/tail -n 0 -f /var/log/zimbra.log ldap_connect_timeout=10000 JAVA_JVM_VERSION=1.5 zimbra_user=zimbra ldap_is_master=true postfix_header_checks=pcre:/opt/zimbra/co

Default Update: Both now work

Antispam and Antivirus are both running after a reboot of the machine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information