Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimbra Debian Support

Tarkin is offline Active Member

I'll give it a go on the weekend from within a VM.

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

bizarre. i deleted all, restored old cvs version from a tarball, upgraded again and this time it worked fine. first time the old mailstore was there but it overwrote the ldap tree with a fresh one - the setup log also indicated a new install.

hopefully this build will cure the imap lockups - i've been having to restart by hand twice a day.

thank you thank you thank you for binary debian release!!!!!

tommie is offline Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by marcmac
    And how is it possible that after all the votes for Debian, the only forum traffic about the debian build is that it doesn't work on Ubuntu?

Debian folks - did you install it? Does it work? What do you like? What do you hate (aside from download size). What needs fixing?
    I just read your message. I will install it this weekend. Have some internet troubles @home

This is what I was waiting for!!!

I am looking forward to run zimbra :-)

Thank you very much...

UPDATE: I'm already downloading it :-)
    Last edited by tommie; 01-20-2006 at 02:25 AM.

First problem:

Checking for prerequisites...
    NPTL...MISSING

what does this mean? I moved /lib/tls out of the way because I am running an UML environment...

Okay i found that this is caused by disabling tls.

Can I use zimbra without NPTL? Otherwise zimbra can never run in UML or XEN...
    Last edited by tommie; 01-20-2006 at 02:53 AM.

dankim is offline Junior Member

Default omg Just my luck :)

After struggling with the debian install from sourec for abou a week, I just recieved permission to backup/wipe and install fedora to try zimbra. Then I go to the forum and see an install is available for my beloved debian. Okay, will go ahead with fedora and if everything okay, wipe and try debian install.

Default Install error

Shouldn't there be a check to see if I have perl installed? It wasn't installed. I think it should be checked by the script?

Can't locate Getopt/Std.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/zimbra/libexec/scripts /opt/zimbra/libexec /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsetup.pl line 35.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsetup.pl line 35.

NPTL comes with the system libs that come with kernel 2.6. long story short, upgrade the box to 2.6 kernel and things should work much better. if you're building from source, you can hack utils/utilfunc.sh and comment line 254 'GOOD=no' out which will bypass the check, but this WONT work with binaries.

'perl -v' doesnt return anything? i can't remember the last time i saw a unix install without perl, and the error below i think is from perl itself not finding modules. i found i had to install a bunch of extra modules for zimbra by hand when installing from source. best way is to use cpan - 'perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Getopt::Std"', for instance.

this is quite interesting. the binary install is much, much faster than any of my source installs! thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by dijichi2
    NPTL comes with the system libs that come with kernel 2.6. long story short, upgrade the box to 2.6 kernel and things should work much better. if you're building from source, you can hack utils/utilfunc.sh and comment line 254 'GOOD=no' out which will bypass the check, but this WONT work with binaries.
    NPTL is not an option for an UML system.

Where can I find the source? And do the buildscripts work on Debian?
    Last edited by tommie; 01-20-2006 at 05:06 AM.

there's a forum thread in this forum showing where to get cvs. there's a main branch and a CRAY branch, i believe CRAY is more up to date but that might not be true.

third party build process is a little fiddly, but the zimbra build is sweet. i build the third party stuff by hand following instructions from ZimbraServer/docs/build_cvs_somethingorother.txt. make sure you download proper version of ant from apache, the debian one is borked.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information