Thread: an iCal import went bad, need help deleting a junk event

tejus is offline Starter Member

Question an iCal import went bad, need help deleting a junk event

I just installed zimbra and was working through migrating calendars when one import created an event that recurs daily, lasts 24 hours, and will occur from the beginning of time to the end of time. The event is in the default calendar, and attempts to delete the event fail with a stack trace. I've already sent an error report.

Is there anyway to manually delete this event? Barring that, is there a way to clear the contents of the default calendar?

I tried poking around on the filesystem and in the mysql db, but don't see any place where information like this is stored.

Thanks a lot!

tejus is offline Starter Member

Default Found a crazy hack

I noticed that one of the error messages mentioned something about an id. The id was a 4 digit number. I looked through the file system and found a file that started with that id. Sure enough, it had content that matched the junk event entry.

I located the mboxgroup database the item belonged to and deleted the entry in the appointments table that had the corresponding item ID. I then removed the file from the file system. I restarted ZCS for good measure and the daily repeating event was removed.

There has to be a more straight-forward way of doing what I just did....

Thread Information