Thread: COS of individual accounts cannot be set by domain administrator?

petrnalevka Guest

Default COS of individual accounts cannot be set by domain administrator?

Hello, I'm running Zimbra network edition on a RHEL box. I would like the domain administrator to create new mailbox accounts with different COS, it seems that new accounts under the domain are create with the global default COS and only the global administrator can change the default COS to a different one. Is there some way to delegate COS change capability to the domain administrator or at least a way to set a default COS per domain?

Thank you.

lindworm is offline Senior Member

The global administrator can set a Default Class of Service for each domain. (In the General tab in the domain options.)

The domain administrator can't change the cos for his users.

petrnalevka Guest

Thanks for the quick reply, are you planning to implement COS changes ad domain level administration? Thank you

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by petrnalevka View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply, are you planning to implement COS changes ad domain level administration? Thank you
    You can search in bugzilla for the type of feature you mention to see if it's already been requested. If there's nothing ther, you can enter an RFE (Request For Enhancement) and vote on it.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

sinopeach is offline Active Member

I'm finding a lot of rather basic features not being supported out of the box... it seems that Zimbra want ASP's to be saddled with all the admin work of a domain and an installation?

I am having an issue in that the default set for a domain is not being set either.... the new domain admin made accounts all default to default and not our "Standard COS". Which means that our monthly reporting and sales gets all screwed because we can't ensure that users use what they paid for and what we ultimately are billed for. :-s

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sinopeach View Post
    I'm finding a lot of rather basic features not being supported out of the box... it seems that Zimbra want ASP's to be saddled with all the admin work of a domain and an installation?

I am having an issue in that the default set for a domain is not being set either.... the new domain admin made accounts all default to default and not our "Standard COS". Which means that our monthly reporting and sales gets all screwed because we can't ensure that users use what they paid for and what we ultimately are billed for. :-s
    This is a three year old thread and doesn't seem to relate to your questions.

If you have a problem then I suggest you open a new thread with a complete description of your problems and exact steps to reproduce them (don't forget to search the forums and bugzilla to see if there's any outstanding RFEs or bugs).
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information