Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: UNIX and Windows Accounts in Zimbra LDAP and Zimbra Admin UI – Problem

davidh is offline Active Member

Originally Posted by @dmin View Post
    I have not been able to successfully restore a users mailbox after setting up the Zimbra Admin extensions. Samba/LDAP seem to be working great, however, I get the following error on a restore in the network edition.

Message: invalid request: createAccount invalid schema change: [LDAP: error code 65 - object class 'posixAccount' requires attribute 'uidNumber']
    Error code: service.INVALID_REQUEST
    Method: ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    Details:soap:Sender

Anyone run into this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Are you restoring a user that was created before adding new posix/samba schemas to LDAP? If this is the case, you may want to temporarily remove that schema from LDAP config then restore the user, then add the schema back.
    Greg
    Did anyone get this resolved? I am having the same problem - all accounts that I am trying to restore have the correct posixAccount/sambaSamAccount entries and were either created after the new schemas were added, or previously but with a LDIF patch to add the correct attributes.

UPDATE: Interesting, I have reinstalled Zimbra and migrated to the new machine, the 4 accounts which I was testing with are still dead, but all accounts I have created/updated since are working fine. I must have stuffed something up with the initial configuration which caused those accounts to not be created properly. I certainly appear to be able to restore the new accounts now.

Cheers,
    David
    Last edited by davidh; 10-24-2007 at 05:12 PM.

ostevens is offline Starter Member

Default You can use zmprov to update existing accounts with the additional object classes

Quote Originally Posted by bersrker View Post
    If these are accounts that existed before you installed the new schemas, they don't have the additional objectclasses (posixAccount and sambaSamAccount). You've got to manually add these objectclasses to the LDAP entry, then add the related attributes. I had to use an external LDAP administration tool to get the objectclasses loaded.
    zmprov ma ostevens +objectClass posixAccount uidNumber 1000 gidNumber 1000 homeDirectory /home/ostevens
    zmprov ma ostevens +objectClass sambaSamAccount sambaSID S-1-0-0-21030
    Last edited by ostevens; 08-26-2008 at 11:42 AM.

RickG is offline Junior Member

Default Upgrade ends up with no users

Hi all, I'm guessing I'm missing something, but was wondering what the proper upgrade procedure is after setting up this configuration. I have Zimbra 4.5.6 working fine with samba and possix extensions. However, when I have tried doing a Zimbra upgrade, I end up with no users in the list.

Thanks for any info.

davidh is offline Active Member

You will need to re-apply the changes you made to ~zimbra/conf/slapd.conf.in after the upgrade or you will have issues due to schema differences.

It has been a little while since I upgraded from v4 to v5 - it was a big upgrade - have you checked the Wiki for the process to follow? There was a recommendation from one of the Zimbra folks to upgrade to 4.5.11 prior to the v5 upgrade as well.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
    David

RickG is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    You will need to re-apply the changes you made to ~zimbra/conf/slapd.conf.in after the upgrade or you will have issues due to schema differences.

It has been a little while since I upgraded from v4 to v5 - it was a big upgrade - have you checked the Wiki for the process to follow? There was a recommendation from one of the Zimbra folks to upgrade to 4.5.11 prior to the v5 upgrade as well.
    David
    I just tried it again (4.5.6 -> 4.5.11) and after merging in the tweaks from slapd.conf.in the users are visible again ( I thought I tried it last time, but I must have goofed it up ). I also seemed to have to remove the possix and samba extensions and deploy them again ( versions that came with 4.5.11 ) before they would show up in the list of modules or tabs on the accounts page. Is there any other steps that have to be "re-applied"?

It all seems to be working from what I can tell, I went to upgrade to 5.x but it told me I was using a non supported version of ubuntu. was using 6.10. So I have started the system upgrade process to get to 8.04, its at 7.04 now. Just doing some testing before jumping to 8.04. Oversight on my part for not using an LTS version in the first place.

Thanks again for the help.

Note: I also just noticed then when I got the "Daily mail report..." (was actually stuck in the queue with no way to deliver) that it showed up from the wrong domain.. it came as admin@mail1.mydomain.com instead of admin@mydomain.com. Did I mess something else up during the upgrade, or is something that needs to be "handled" when upgrading?

hostname=mail1.mydomain.com
    mail domain=mydomain.com

i did use "zmlocalconfig -e ..." on a few properties that showed admin@mail1.mydomain.com to see if that would fix it.. still waiting to see.
    Last edited by RickG; 09-11-2008 at 07:16 PM.

hortimech is offline New Member

Hi, I have installed Zimbra zcs-5.0.11_GA_2695.UBUNTU8.20081117052520 on Ubuntu server 8.04.1LTS and am now trying to set it up as a PDC controller.

Now my understanding is that, edit /opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.conf.in this is then automatically copied to /opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.conf (which it is).

I edited slapd.conf.in and changed to the zimbra user, then stopped and restarted Zimbra (zmcontrol stop; zmcontrol start )

Restarted Samba

Logged in at the Administration page to find no Samba domain

Upon examination I found that there is another slapd.conf in /opt/zimbra/openldap/etc/openldap/ This had not been updated and did not contain any of the required Samba parts. I copied /opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.conf to /etc/zimbra/openldap/etc/openldap/ Restarted zimbra and Samba, Logged into the Zimbra Administration page again, I now have a Samba domain.

Did I do anything wrong? if so what?

ostevens is offline Starter Member

Is there a /opt/zimbra/openldap/etc/openldap/slapd.conf.in ? If so try editing that file instead of /opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.conf.in

there is no /opt/zimbra/openldap/etc/openldap/slapd.conf.in, I thought of that myself.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by hortimech View Post
    I edited slapd.conf.in and changed to the zimbra user, then stopped and restarted Zimbra (zmcontrol stop; zmcontrol start )
    Do I infer from that comment that you've edited the file as a user other than zimbra? Check the permissions on the file and see if they are correct.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I was following this UNIX and Windows Accounts in Zimbra LDAP and Zimbra Admin UI - Zimbra :: Wiki

And yes I edited the files as root, but I believe the permissions & ownership are correct.
    anyway ls -la /opt/zimbra/conf/ gets
    -rw-r----- 1 zimbra zimbra 8202 2008-12-05 15:41 slapd.conf
    -rw-r----- 1 zimbra zimbra 8215 2008-12-05 09:32 slapd.conf.in

and ls -la /opt/zimbra/openldap/etc/openldap/slapd.conf gets
    -rw------- 1 zimbra zimbra 8202 2008-12-05 09:56 slapd.conf

As I said, I believe that ~/conf/slapd.conf.in is copied to ~/conf/slapd.conf at startup but is not being copied to ~/openldap/slapd.conf.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information