Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Custom login screen for Zimbra

  1. #1
    fredano is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Custom login screen for Zimbra

    I want to customize the login screen of the webmail client?
    The Login screen says Username (instead of email address) and some users get confused about this and complain about login failures because they don't enter their full email address to associate with a domain. My server is hosting more than one domain.

    Also is it possible to add a company logo on the login screen and the main web mail screen? How can I do it? I do not exactly want to remove the Zimbra logo but I want to add something that will say something about my site. Is there a file that I need to hack to do this?

    Also is there a way of passing parameters to Zimbra through http so that I can bypass the defacto Zimbra login screen?

    I am using ZCS 4.5.3 Network Edition.

  2. #2
    alimovz is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Every caption you see on the login screen comes from a file that has all messages listed in it. It is somewhere in /opt/zimbra/tomcat/zimbra/. What you should do is find a more or less unique phrase from that login screen and run
    Code:
    grep "your phrase" /opt/zimbra/tomcat/zimbra/* -R
    You will get a couple of files that hold that phrase. One of them will be the one that controls all the text in the entire web client. So you simply modify that file and get you need.

    Good luck

  3. #3
    htin is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fredano View Post
    I want to customize the login screen of the webmail client?

    Also is it possible to add a company logo on the login screen and the main web mail screen? How can I do it? I do not exactly want to remove the Zimbra logo but I want to add something that will say something about my site. Is there a file that I need to hack to do this?
    I'm not sure this is the best way to do, but that is what I did.
    Modified '/opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/skins/_base/logos/LoginBanner.png'
    [Working together for better community]

  4. #4
    dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,176
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I'm not sure this is the best way to do, but that is what I did.
    Modified '/opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/skins/_base/logos/LoginBanner.png'
    Note unless you are using the Network Edition, you must NOT alter this file, it's part of the license and condition of using the opensource version! The zimbra logo must remain, unaltered, on the login page, and the web interface. You can change the position of the logo with regards to the skin, but it must remain visible as is.

  5. #5
    htin is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dijichi2 View Post
    Note unless you are using the Network Edition, you must NOT alter this file, it's part of the license and condition of using the opensource version! The zimbra logo must remain, unaltered, on the login page, and the web interface. You can change the position of the logo with regards to the skin, but it must remain visible as is.
    Of course, Zimbra logo and all other info are clearly displayed. I just add our info, so clients who login won’t confuse. I'm proud to show that we are using Zimbra.

    Anyway, thanks for your reminder dijichi2!
    [Working together for better community]

  6. #6
    mansuper is offline Special Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    9

    Default changed the image. Found missing while logging

    Hi

    I changed the image at "/opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/skins/_base/logos/LoginBanner.png but" found that I cannot see any image now while logging to Zimbra. Even for the new image, I used the same name.

    I also restarted tomcat and zimbra services too.

    Is there anything else I have to do?

    Thanks in advance

  7. #7
    htin is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mansuper View Post
    Hi

    I changed the image at "/opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/skins/_base/logos/LoginBanner.png but" found that I cannot see any image now while logging to Zimbra. Even for the new image, I used the same name.

    I also restarted tomcat and zimbra services too.

    Is there anything else I have to do?

    Thanks in advance
    Try to put original image back and see you got it back. Then problem will be format of your new image. If not, you might have some other problem. I didn't need to restart any services. Put new image and just refresh the browser. That's all I did. I edit my image with GIMP.

    Hope that will help,
    [Working together for better community]

  8. #8
    mmorse's Avatar
    mmorse is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,242
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alimovz View Post
    Every caption you see on the login screen comes from a file that has all messages listed in it. It is somewhere in /opt/zimbra/tomcat/zimbra/. What you should do is find a more or less unique phrase from that login screen and run
    Code:
    grep "your phrase" /opt/zimbra/tomcat/zimbra/* -R
    You will get a couple of files that hold that phrase. One of them will be the one that controls all the text in the entire web client. So you simply modify that file and get you need.

    It's mainly in:
    /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/WEB-INF/classes/msgs/ZmMsg.properties

    ZhMsg.properties would be html client obviously

  9. #9
    mansuper is offline Special Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htin View Post
    Try to put original image back and see you got it back. Then problem will be format of your new image. If not, you might have some other problem. I didn't need to restart any services. Put new image and just refresh the browser. That's all I did. I edit my image with GIMP.

    Hope that will help,
    Hi,

    Thanks for your reply. I did it. But, I lost the original image too. Even the image I tried to use was in .PNG format of the same size. Can anyone know what the problem could be? How to resolve it?

    Thanks

  10. #10
    fredano is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    You may want to check the permisions of the new file you created. Also ownership of the files. Did you create or copy the file while logged in as root?

    Quote Originally Posted by mansuper View Post
    Hi,

    Thanks for your reply. I did it. But, I lost the original image too. Even the image I tried to use was in .PNG format of the same size. Can anyone know what the problem could be? How to resolve it?

    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Custom Login Form
    By toto in forum Developers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 01:06 AM
  2. login screen problem
    By randyg in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 09:38 PM
  3. Customizing Login Screen
    By amitbapat in forum Administrators
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-12-2006, 09:01 PM
  4. Tomcat Started But not displaying Zimbra Login screen
    By AnilKumarYalla in forum Developers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 04:45 AM
  5. How to change the login screen appearance
    By david75 in forum Developers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •