Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Problems with german umlauts after upgrade to 4.5.4

  1. #1
    chh
    chh is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Problems with german umlauts after upgrade to 4.5.4

    Hi,

    since our recent upgrade to NE 4.5.4 we have problems with the german umlauts. They are not shown both in the Web frontend and in Outlook.
    Instead you see something like :
    Bitte prüfen Sie möglichst umgehend ... and ... Beste Grüße.

    We had nor such problems before the upgrade. Strangely this does not occur in all mails. It seems only some of text-only mails are affected.

    Another strange thing is: in my out of office reply (where I only change dates) suddenly all the umlauts where changed like quopted above.

    Any idea what the problem might be?

  2. #2
    jholder's Avatar
    jholder is offline Former Zimbran
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Thatcher, AZ
    Posts
    5,606
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Take a look here:
    http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=15851

    I think that thread covers both the webui and outlook.

    Sam?

  3. #3
    chh
    chh is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Thanks, so no help till now. I will follow this thread and post my system info there as well.

  4. #4
    chh
    chh is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    We found out that it seems to be a problem with the libnet.
    version 1.20 is installed on our web server, where we found the same problem, and on our Zimbra server.
    From what we found libnet-1.20 converts 8-bit characters to UTF-8 without considering a declared MIME type (and possibly back).
    We downgraded to 1.19 on our web server and now it works there, Will see if we can downgrade our Zimbra server.

    UPDATE:
    We do not need to downgrade our Zimbra server. It seems as the server is set to UTF-8 it works fine with libnet-1.20.


    More can be found here: in german or english

    Christian
    Last edited by chh; 04-18-2007 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Update

  5. #5
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,470
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Can you file this in bugzilla (make sure it's not already there) when you've finished testing? Many thanks.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  6. #6
    chh
    chh is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I posted exactly the same information in the bug already listed in the posts above.

  7. #7
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,470
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Sorry, I missed that.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 3.1 Upgrade Problems
    By dee in forum Administrators
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 05:51 PM
  2. 4.5.4 -> 4.5.5 (Networkd Edition) Upgrade problems
    By spector@zeitgeist.com in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 05:06 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 08:36 AM
  4. Restarting and german 'umlaut' problems
    By Oswald-Kolle in forum Installation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 02:09 AM
  5. Upgrade 4.5.4 to 4.5.5 questions
    By dlochart in forum Zimbra Connector for Outlook
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 02:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •