Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: auth error with thunderbird

dmore73 is offline Intermediate Member

Unhappy auth error with thunderbird

Hi there,

I'm testing zimbra server for a few days now, it's an amazing mail plateform. I still have a problem when i want to catch my mails from thunderbird.
    I configure thunderbird to connect via imap ssl with, i trie "mylogin" and "mylogin@mydomain" as username but it still can't connect. Here is the error i have in mailbox.log

Code:
    2007-04-15 04:04:44,061 INFO  [ImapSSLServer-2] [] ProtocolHandler - Handler exiting normally
    2007-04-15 04:04:57,032 INFO  [ImapSSLServer-3] [] imap - [192.168.100.17] connected
    2007-04-15 04:04:58,272 WARN  [ImapSSLServer-3] [ip=xxx.xxx.xx.x;] imap - AUTHENTICATE failed
    com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException: authentication failed for mylogin@mydomain
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException.AUTH_FAILED(AccountServiceException.java:91)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.externalLdapAuth(LdapProvisioning.java:2346)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.verifyPasswordInternal(LdapProvisioning.java:2402)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.verifyPassword(LdapProvisioning.java:2366)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.authAccount(LdapProvisioning.java:2257)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.authAccount(LdapProvisioning.java:2242)
            at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.authenticate(ImapHandler.java:806)
            at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.login(ImapHandler.java:775)
            at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler$AuthPlain.handle(ImapHandler.java:131)
            at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.continueAuthentication(ImapHandler.java:308)
            at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.processCommand(ImapHandler.java:244)
            at com.zimbra.cs.tcpserver.ProtocolHandler.processConnection(ProtocolHandler.java:231)
            at com.zimbra.cs.tcpserver.ProtocolHandler.run(ProtocolHandler.java:198)
            at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Caused by: javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090334, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, vece^@]
            at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:2985)
            at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2931)
            at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2732)
            at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.connect(LdapCtx.java:2646)
            at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.<init>(LdapCtx.java:283)
            at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getUsingURL(LdapCtxFactory.java:175)
            at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getUsingURLs(LdapCtxFactory.java:193)
            at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getLdapCtxInstance(LdapCtxFactory.java:136)
            at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getInitialContext(LdapCtxFactory.java:66)
            at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
            at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:247)
            at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
            at javax.naming.ldap.InitialLdapContext.<init>(InitialLdapContext.java:134)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapUtil.ldapAuthenticate(LdapUtil.java:249)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.externalLdapAuth(LdapProvisioning.java:2341)
            ... 13 more
    2007-04-15 04:05:00,351 INFO  [ImapSSLServer-3] [] ProtocolHandler - Handler exiting normally
    thanks for help

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Have you got SSL checked, have you got Use Secure Authentication unchecked, are you also using port 993?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

yes, yes and yes

Are you using an external LDAP for authentication? That LDAP error is:
    Code:
    LDAP_INVALID_CREDENTIALS: Indicates that during a bind operation one of the following occurred:

* The client passed either an incorrect DN or password.
        * The password is incorrect because it has expired, intruder detection has locked the account, or some other similar reason.
    Regards

Bill

yes, i'm using an external ldap (active directory) but the things is that i can login zimbra thru the web interface, and the extern authentification test return successful. the probleme is only for the imap authentification.

I assume this user also exists on the Zimbra server? If it does is the password the same as your AD password, if not change it and try again.
    Regards

Bill

the user is well created in zimbra with same password as in the ldap.
    i test with the admin account and the nmap access was successful. don't understand..

ok, new element.
    i change my ldap password for number only one and now it work. The old one had some specials caracteres, maybe it's the cause of the problem, i'm going to change again to test it.

glitch23 is offline Special Member

Looks like I'm having the same error. I'm using thunderbird 2 as the mail client, SSL is not checked and I'm using an External LDAP (Fedora DS) for authentication. WebUI works fine but i get this error in mailbox.log when trying to view the mailbox in Thunderbird:

Code:
    007-04-24 13:16:02,656 WARN  [ImapServer-15] [ip=aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd;] imap - LOGIN failed
    com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException: authentication failed for myaccount@mydomain.com
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException.AUTH_FAILED(AccountServiceException.java:91)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.externalLdapAuth(LdapProvisioning.java:2346)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.verifyPasswordInternal(LdapProvisioning.java:2402)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.verifyPassword(LdapProvisioning.java:2366)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.authAccount(LdapProvisioning.java:2257)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.authAccount(LdapProvisioning.java:2242)
            at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.authenticate(ImapHandler.java:806)
            at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.login(ImapHandler.java:775)
            at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.doLOGIN(ImapHandler.java:760)
            at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.executeRequest(ImapHandler.java:443)
            at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.processCommand(ImapHandler.java:246)
            at com.zimbra.cs.tcpserver.ProtocolHandler.processConnection(ProtocolHandler.java:231)
            at com.zimbra.cs.tcpserver.ProtocolHandler.run(ProtocolHandler.java:198)
            at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Caused by: javax.naming.AuthenticationException: empty search
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapUtil.ldapAuthenticate(LdapUtil.java:284)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.externalLdapAuth(LdapProvisioning.java:2333)
            ... 13 more
    2007-04-24 13:17:05,069 INFO  [ImapServer-15] [] ProtocolHandler - Handler exiting normally
    Last edited by glitch23; 05-09-2007 at 06:27 AM.

same problem on a new debian 4 system with the latest zimbra version....

the auth work fine in the webmail but not in thunderbird..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information