Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with zmtrainsa

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Default Problem with zmtrainsa

I used zmtrainsa without problems in the last release of Zimbra, now it throw up errors.

If I use zmtrainsa (with a correct host/user/password/spam/folder from the zimbra account I get the following errors:

Code:
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmtrainsa: line 56: /opt/zimbra/.fetchmailrc: No such file or directory
    chmod: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/.fetchmailrc': No such file or directory
    Enter password for bpye@chinook:
    fetchmail: lock creation failed.
    config: configuration file "/opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin/20_body_tests.cf" requires version 3.000004 of SpamAssassin, but this is code version 3.001000. Maybe you need to use the -C switch, or remove the old config files? Skipping this file at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf/Parser.pm line 342.
    It produces one error line for each file in the conf folder.

Has this been changed in this release, It is possible that I may have updated a cpan spamassassin module would this cause the problem?

Regards

Bill

marcmac is offline Expert Member

Default permissions

This is a permissions issue - when we dropped IPtables and went to an all-sudo approach, we set /opt/zimbra to root ownership for security reasons.

Fetchmail is trying to write .fetchmailrc in /opt/zimbra - you can bypass this error by touching the file (as root) and chowning it to zimbra

Another error will then show up, though - fetchmail can't create lock file. I haven't figured out how to force it to create the lock in /tmp, instead of ${HOME} - so the only workaround I've got so far is:

su - root
    chown zimbra /opt/zimbra
    su - zimbra
    zmtrainsa ...
    su - root
    chown root /opt/zimbra

Default Fix

Ok, I've taken another look, and have a fix.

Update zmtrainsa to use a different fetchmailrc by changing these lines.

echo "server $SERVER user $USER@$SERVER password $PASS keep" > ${zimbra_home}/conf/.fetchmailrc
    chmod 600 ${zimbra_home}/conf/.fetchmailrc

export HOME=${zimbra_home}/conf # Add this line

/usr/bin/fetchmail -f ${zimbra_home}/conf/.fetchmailrc -n -a -u $USER $FOLDER -m "${zimbra_home}/bin/sa-learn -p ${zimbra_home}/conf/salocal.cf --dbpath ${zimbra_home}/amavisd/.spamassassin/ --no-sync --showdots -L --${MODE}" ${SERVER}

# This line is unchanged
    ${zimbra_home}/bin/sa-learn -p ${zimbra_home}/conf/salocal.cf --dbpath ${zimbra_home}/amavisd/.spamassassin/ --sync

rm -f ${zimbra_home}/conf/.fetchmailrc

Thanks for that, it works a treat although I still get the errors about the code version being wrong:
    Code:
    reading message emailaddress[at]none.com :1 of 4 (1922 header octets) . (467 body octets) .config: configuration file "/opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin/20_body_tests.cf" requires version 3.000004 of SpamAssassin, but this is code version 3.001000. Maybe you need to use the -C switch, or remove the old config files? Skipping this file at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf/Parser.pm line 342.
    Is it my cpan spamassassin update causing this?

Regards

Bill

JoshuaPrismon is offline Zimlet Guru & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    Thanks for that, it works a treat although I still get the errors about the code version being wrong:
    Code:
    reading message emailaddress[at]none.com :1 of 4 (1922 header octets) . (467 body octets) .config: configuration file "/opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin/20_body_tests.cf" requires version 3.000004 of SpamAssassin, but this is code version 3.001000. Maybe you need to use the -C switch, or remove the old config files? Skipping this file at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf/Parser.pm line 342.
    Is it my cpan spamassassin update causing this?

Regards

Bill
    Yep. I ran into the same thing. If you upgrade your version of SpamAssassin to the newest version, some of the rules in zimbra are hardcoded with a older version requirement. I just removed the offending line and things seemed to work.

Default Probably

You can copy your conf files to /opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin to get past this, most likely. (I'm not sure where CPAN puts them.)

Thanks to you both for that, I'll dig around and see what the files have got in them and where the new ones are.

johndevine is offline Active Member

Hi Marc

Again a bit confused ....sorry for the ignorance at this stage, which conf files should i replace?

Many thanks for your time

JD

Hi

A lot of the files in this directory /opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin have this entry in them 'require_version 3.000004' (I'm afraid you'll have to check them all) - just comment it out or remove it and the problem goes away.
    Last edited by phoenix; 11-24-2005 at 12:55 AM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

johndevine is offline Active Member

Many Thanks Phoenix

By the way...there does not seem to be many rules in this sa....is this normal?

JD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information