I've read various posts on this forum from people having issues with getting the GAL working with AD in that the setup authenticates ok but no results come back during the test.
Well, I'm having this same issue, and I've not seen a definitive solution as most people say that it 'just started working'
I've got a single domain AD setup and the Authentication in Zimbra setup with no issues.
My GAL setup settings:
GAL mode: External
Most results returned by GAL search: 100
Server type: Active Directory
LDAP filter: ad
Autocomplete filter: adAutoComplete
LDAP search base: dc=domain
LDAP URL: ldap://server.domain:389
Bind DN: cn=Administrator,cn=users,dc=domain
I've tried various search queries, from just a name to cn=* or cn=a* but with no results.
If I run the following on the cli, I get the expected results back:
ldapsearch -v -b "dc=domain" -h server.domain -D cn=administrator,cn=users,dc=domain -w password -x "(cn=*A*)"
I've tried restarting all services via zmcontrol stop|startup without any success.
I'm running v4.5.