Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some feedback...

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You do realise that the Documents feature is a beta preview don't you? The priority of implementing an RFE or bugfix is dependent on many things, in simple terms popular votes is one of them and technical requirements/feasability being another - those things are reviewed and a priority is given to features/bug fixes. If you're a Network Edition customer (or trial user) you can submit a request to support that you want your details added to the bug report. The fact is, as far as I can see, there isn't one support case added to either of those bug reports indicates the level of interest.
    Last edited by phoenix; 04-20-2007 at 08:49 AM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

danpep is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    You do realise that the Documents feature is a beta preview don't you? The priority of implementing an RFE or bugfix is dependent on many things, in simple terms popular votes is one of them and technical requirements/feasability being another - those things are reviewed and a priority is given to features/bug fixes. If you're a Network Edition customer (or trial user) you can submit a request to support that you want your details added to the bug report. The fact that, as far as I can see, there isn't one support case added to either of those bug reports indicates the level of interest.
    Wow, was this meant to be sarcastic? I was giving my experience with the beta preview and simply giving my opinion to your product. I am a Network Edition trial member that is thinking of purchasing licences to Zimbra, so my needs are relative to my agenda. I WILL add a support case to the bug reports.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

No, why would you think it's meant to be sarcastic. Not everyone who posts here actually realises that the Documents feature is a beta preview.

You asked how many votes it takes to get a bug implemented, I was actually trying to give you some feedback on the process of implementing a bug/rfe into the product.

I also realise that you're a trial NE user and, again, not every trial user realises that you can ask for a support case to be added to the bug report. The number of support cases attached to a bug report will also affect it's implementation, I was merely pointing out that there aren't any at the moment.

If you find any of my reply unhelpful or sarcastic then I apologies, I'll let someone else answer your posts in future.

[edit]Oh, and as you seem to be under the misapprehension that I was criticisng you for giving feedback - I wasn't. Feedback is always welcome.
    Last edited by phoenix; 04-20-2007 at 08:49 AM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

jdell is offline Project Contributor

Smile here is an enhancement request for this - please vote for it

Quote Originally Posted by keffa View Post
    Exactly!! With the current system though this would be a whole lot of work so hopefully they will take it onboard. I have one distribution list that will have 220 users or thereabouts if I use Zimbra in production, can you imagine someone being added to that distribution list and having all those share invites land in your mailbox!
    Here is an enhancement request to optionally show all calendars and addressbooks that are shared to you but you don't have them in your list (either because you didn't accept the share email or never got it, etc).

http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=16295

Please vote for it!

mclark is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    You do realise that the Documents feature is a beta preview don't you? The priority of implementing an RFE or bugfix is dependent on many things, in simple terms popular votes is one of them and technical requirements/feasability being another - those things are reviewed and a priority is given to features/bug fixes. If you're a Network Edition customer (or trial user) you can submit a request to support that you want your details added to the bug report. The fact is, as far as I can see, there isn't one support case added to either of those bug reports indicates the level of interest.
    We are a new NE customer. I will not be able to add a support case as I am not an administrator of the system, only an interested user. Your solution will be replacing what I currently help run (GroupWise) along with another system. I can tell you that this feature is VERY important for our users from my standpoint, because our users can do it now with GroupWise. The way I see Zimbra is that it is getting much more popular and well-known than it maybe has in the past (just my impression). I think you're going to see many more requests from people that are moving from systems such as GroupWise, who need or want certain functionality in Zimbra that the other system has. I have, for example, either voted on or started about 45 bugs dealing with critical functionality that will be lost or severely degraded in the transition from GroupWise to Zimbra. I think Zimbra looks like a great product, and I look forward to Version 5, but I also think that it could be improved to be an even better corporate collaboration system with a few added features such as an expansion of what is currently called "documents".

jholder is offline Former Zimbran

You couldn't submit a request to our support portal about the docs?

In general, we welcome anyone posting any question to the forums. This is our general support area. For example, your question would have been in the users forum.

The support area is for more technical issues like my server crashed, etc.

The forums, wiki, and docs are for how to's. The bz is for requests, and teh pmweb is for seeing what we're working on.

We genuinely care about votes, and they are our main motivation for requests.
    Last edited by jholder; 04-27-2007 at 10:10 AM. Reason: wrong useage of you're

mclark is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    You couldn't submit a request to our support portal about the docs?

In general, we welcome anyone posting any question to the forums. This is our general support area. For example, your question would have been in the users forum.

The support area is for more technical issues like my server crashed, etc.

The forums, wiki, and docs are for how to's. The bz is for requests, and teh pmweb is for seeing what we're working on.

We genuinely care about votes, and they are our main motivation for requests.
    No, I don't think I can post in the support portal. As I said, I am currently helping run the GroupWise system we have, but the Zimbra system will be handled by a different department, so all I am in regards to it is an interested user trying to get you guys information on what I would like to see in Zimbra, having come from GroupWise. I have no support or administrative function in regards to Zimbra on campus, so all I can do is submit Bugzilla requests and post feedback on these forums.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information